New firmware update... (Not a suggestion its a question)

Anyone know when the next firmware update for the sansa fuze will be coming out?

It’s currently slated for the end of this month.

Not to be a ball buster or anything, but ‘end of this month’ means different things to different people. To me this is March 31. I am convinced that is when I will get my new firmware, but I know it wont be that day. End of this month could mean the week of the 31st or the following. Sorry if this doesn’t make to much sense, I should actually be sleeping right now :neutral_face:

@deadcereal wrote:
Not to be a ball buster or anything, but ‘end of this month’ means different things to different people. To me this is March 31. I am convinced that is when I will get my new firmware, but I know it wont be that day. End of this month could mean the week of the 31st or the following. Sorry if this doesn’t make to much sense, I should actually be sleeping right now :neutral_face:

If it come out at 11:59:59 p.m. on March 31, thats when we get it. I hope thats when we get it.  BUT if there is a Delay We will have to deal. So As of now The next one is between now and April 1. 

Yeah, I know, I was just pointing that out. People don’t specify dates (and I know Sandisk didn’t either) and that just drives me nuts. Sorry for the mini rant.

@deadcereal wrote:
Yeah, I know, I was just pointing that out. People don’t specify dates (and I know Sandisk didn’t either) and that just drives me nuts. Sorry for the mini rant.

I wasnt criticizing. I feel the same as you do in a way. I want to know the Date and the Hour of the release so I can be plugged in and ready to go the second it drops. But I can also see Sandisks reasoning. There was a delay I believe on the last update, so you dont want to say it will be here by an exact day because stuff comes up. I do know however that Sansafix said this past week that it would be in the next two weeks… Im waiting anxiously.

@conversionbox wrote:

… Im waiting anxiously.

So am I.:smiley:

@yelped wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

… Im waiting anxiously.

So am I.:smiley:

I’m definitely curious as to what we will see. That said, mine has been doing everything that I ask of it, so if it happens to be a few days into the next month, I’ll be ok. Everyone that is clamoring for each update should take a step back and be grateful that we are getting them. 

I could care less if another firmware update ever comes out.  The Fuze does everything I want it to do, and is at the edge of being easy to use. 

I’m all about the music, and I couldn’t care less about wallpapers or any GUI stuff. 

I’ll check it out, but if I feel it doesn’t serve any advantages for me, I wont keep it installed permanently.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

I could care less if another firmware update ever comes out.  The Fuze does everything I want it to do, and is at the edge of being easy to use. 

I’m all about the music, and I couldn’t care less about wallpapers or any GUI stuff. 

I’ll check it out, but if I feel it doesn’t serve any advantages for me, I wont keep it installed permanently.

It is supposed to include some long-awaited bug fixes though, like the 4000 song database and 2000 shuffle limits. Along with the speed/pitch correction and the sudden ‘full-volume blast’ fix.

I have a feeling that we’ll also see som different wallpapers & cosmetic changes; just reading between the lines of what Sansafix said about not needing or wanting Rockbox after seeing the new f/w release.

'Course I could be all wet on this too. Happens everytime I go out in the rain. :stuck_out_tongue:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

It is supposed to include some long-awaited bug fixes though, like the 4000 song database and 2000 shuffle limits. Along with the speed/pitch correction and the sudden ‘full-volume blast’ fix.

I have a feeling that we’ll also see some different wallpapers & cosmetic changes; just reading between the lines of what Sansafix said about not needing or wanting Rockbox after seeing the new f/w release.

'Course I could be all wet on this too. Happens everytime I go out in the rain. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still waiting for Settings->System Settings->Delusions(switchable)

@marvin_martian wrote:
I’m still waiting for Settings->System Settings->Delusions(switchable)

Im hoping for mind reading!

Sansafix told that the spectrum analyzer will stay on(except only staying for 10 seconds)as long as the backlight does!!

Hey by the way how do you people put those animated emoticons?

Thanks,

SR 

We had to figure this out      Its not that hard. Do you know how to insert a picture?

Yep!!

I know how to insert a picture but how to find the animated ones?

Thanks,

SR 

I guess you could search the interwebs for them.

@conversionbox wrote:
I guess you could search the interwebs for them.

Not the dreaded G-word, I hope

Whats the dreaded G word?Is it related to animated emoticons?If so please do tell me!!

Thanks,

SR 

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Thanks,

SR