New Fuze Owner

I don’t have any problems or need any help right now, but I would like to post about how great I’ve found the Fuze so far.  I got a 4GB version at Wal-Mart, but only after learning that it would sound as good as my 4GB Clip, which it wholeheartedly does.  I was running out of space on my Clip, and with Fuze being expandable, it was pretty much a no-brainer.

It’s a darn fine player, and while it did take some getting use to (navigation by scroll wheel, for one), I’ve really come to like the Fuze.  I don’t know how many videos or pics I’ll load on it (probably not much, if at all), but as far as being a great-sounding player (particularly with lower-bitrate MP3s, which I use), it’s pretty amazing in my opinion.

Lastly, I’m so grateful that there’s a forum and community for users and lovers of SanDisk’s DAPs.  I’ve enjoyed the Clip’s forum immensely, and hope to do the same with the Fuze’s.

Here’s a pic of my current portable music set-up, featuing the Fuze, my 2XL Wrecking Ball In-Ear Buds (with Cable Turtle), and my FiiO E3 headphone amp:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/ChironHeroTeacher/DSCF0004-3.jpg

Thanks and all the best,

Brad

And all that equipment is water-resistant, too!   :manwink:

@promisedplanet wrote:
And all that equipment is water-resistant, too!   :manwink:

It is? :mansurprised:

Congratulations on your new toy, Hulkster! :smiley:

Your background though does make it appear as if you left your toys out in the rain. Didn’t your mother teach you any better? :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, how’s your little Fiio amp doing? You had said there were rumors about an upgraded model coming out with an on/off switch. Any news that you’ve heard? I’m probably going to order one of the current ones from DealExtreme when they come back into stock, but an on/off switch would be nice. :smiley:

Edit: I’m bummed . . .

A couple of days ago, the in-stock date showed as 9/30. I just checked today (9/29) and they’ve been pushed back to back-ordered 10/17. :cry:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 09-29-2008 07:19 PM

Tapeworm,

Many thanks!  Don’t worry, though, everything is high and dry. :smileyvery-happy:

I love the E3.  It’s really provided a nice boost to my 'phones and works well with both the Clip and the Fuze.  The E5, which will feature metal construction, on/off, volume control, and a clip is supposed to be out sometime during October or November.

eBay does have E3s for sale, but you have to pay more than the $8.45.  Personally, I think it’s worth it.

Thanks again.

All the best,

Brad

Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 09-30-2008 09:11 AM

@hulksmashnow wrote:

The E5, which will feature metal construction, on/off, volume control, and a clip is supposed to be out sometime during October or November.

Where are you getting the poop on this little jewel, and is there a projected ‘suggested retail price’ yet? Obviously, it won’t be 8 bucks, but it might be worth waiting for . . .

@tapeworm wrote:

@hulksmashnow wrote:

The E5, which will feature metal construction, on/off, volume control, and a clip is supposed to be out sometime during October or November.

Where are you getting the poop on this little jewel, and is there a projected ‘suggested retail price’ yet? Obviously, it won’t be 8 bucks, but it might be worth waiting for . . .

The forums at Head-Fi.org.  I think the E5’ll be around ten bucks.

Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 10-01-2008 08:47 AM

Hulk-Dude,

$10 -$12 is worth the wait, especially if it’s supposed to be out for the Christmas season. By the way, having used this for a few months, what is your opinion on the claim by some that the amp definitely boosts the bass response, but does little or nothing for the mid or higher frequencies?

Obviously, it depends a lot of the type of music you listen to, but have you noticed this?

Tapeworm-Man,

I agree it’s worth the wait, and with the upgrade in features, it’s definitely worth the price. 

I’m no experienced audiophile by no means…I just like music and being able to carry all of it around with me.  But, having said that, I can say that with the Clip, and now, the Fuze, I’ve heard instruments, backing vocals, and subtle nuances in songs I’ve never heard before.  And I’m talking about standard 128kbps MP3 files that I’ve had for years.  The E3, for me, further clarified the sound of these tracks, boosting bass where it needed it and providing even clearer vocals and instruments, particularly guitars.

I’m not sure if this helps, but I know one thing.  I’m so glad I’m using SanDisk players.  I’m not sure if I’ll ever get anythinbg else.

Here are two more pics of my Fuze set-up. When I last posted pics, my brand new 4GB Fuze was naked (or in the nude, if you prefer). And incredibly embarassed, too, as evidenced by its red color.

Purchased at “Buy More,” is my HandStands Sansa Fuze 3-in-1 kit, which contains a leather grain body glove for the Fuze and a protective, zippered hardshell case. Spending more than I like or should, I got the kit, and soon clothed my moritified Fuze, alias “Son of Reddie,” in it.

It looks fairly spectacular, IMHO. Well protected, especially the screen, which is behind the stitched clear plastic cover. However, everything doesn’t line up so perfectly, so on-the-fly adjustments are needed on occasion. The hardshell case is also very nice, and has a mesh pocket for storing…not much. Maybe a thin pack of gum or the credit card that was maxed out to purchase it.

Here are two atmospheric pics of my rig, which now contains my matching headphones, the amazing JVC Air Cushions (HA-FX66R), bought after suggestions from these Forums:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=51&pictureid=424
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=51&pictureid=425

All the best.

@hulksmashnow wrote:

The hardshell case is also very nice, and has a mesh pocket for storing…not much. Maybe a thin pack of gum or the credit card that was maxed out to purchase it.

Or maybe some of those new monster 16 gig Micro-cards! :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@hulksmashnow wrote:

The hardshell case is also very nice, and has a mesh pocket for storing…not much. Maybe a thin pack of gum or the credit card that was maxed out to purchase it.

Or maybe some of those new monster 16 gig Micro-cards! :wink:

Now, there’s an idea, TapewormDude!

Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 10-08-2008 04:30 PM