New Fuze Owner - Odd Fault

updated to latest firmware

was playing back FLAC files - went thorugh about 5 different albums no problem at all

then suddenly on pressing next to next track - it went to MAX volume - almost line-out or something - scared the wits out of me.  Volume control had no effect it was Max permanently

went back to menu and back to that song and all was fine

have tried replicating it going backwards and forwards in that album and no futher problems

rather annoying - any ideas ?

I haven’t got that problem yet.

bit disappointed

after posting did a search and a least 3 others have had the same problem :frowning: - seems to be a firmware related thing to do with a random set of keypresses in a certain order = max volume !

great - thanks - I’d like to hear my decent hearing thanks !

mmm - great sounding player - but buggy ! - in fact best soudning player I’ve owned - but this sort of bug is a real deal breaker for me

@buckster wrote:

bit disappointed

after posting did a search and a least 3 others have had the same problem :frowning: - seems to be a firmware related thing to do with a random set of keypresses in a certain order = max volume !

great - thanks - I’d like to hear my decent hearing thanks !

mmm - great sounding player - but buggy ! - in fact best soudning player I’ve owned - but this sort of bug is a real deal breaker for me

Deal breaker? What the…? It did it once, why would that be a deal breaker? Everything glitches occasionally.

raming 108db+ of music down your ears is not healthy !

It happened once, don’t get your panties in a bunch. Everything glitches once in awhile. I’m sure somewhere along the line your PC has frozen or acted odd, your gaming console lagged or froze, etc. These things happen. Ipods glitch and freeze and have errors too, it’s not just the Fuze. You call it very buggy when you’ve encountered one bug that you probably will never get again. It might appear buggy, but that’s because people only post here when they have issues. If you don’t have a problem, you’re not going to go to a forum and tell people.

come on - others have replicated it (on here) - 6-7 times

one guy said it had happened to him 10 times

definately seems to be a firmware bug - which would be ok - if it was just a crash or something can live with that - but going to MAX volume - not good for your ears -and should definately not get past testing IMO

@buckster wrote:

come on - others have replicated it (on here) - 6-7 times

one guy said it had happened to him 10 times

definately seems to be a firmware bug - which would be ok - if it was just a crash or something can live with that - but going to MAX volume - not good for your ears -and should definately not get past testing IMO

That ■■■■■ that it happened. I am lucky enough that it hasn’t happened to me, and I got mine in September. However, there is a firmware update in the works, and I think enough has been mentioned about it now that the developers will address it.

it didn’t seem to go to max volume of that “volume setting” - ie medium/high

I was on medium

and it seemed to go to - max - high !!

We’re going to need you to calm down. It was a glitch, unless it happens again, just forget about it.

But you can set the volume High and Low though, you could just set it to low in case.

Settings > System Setting > Volume > Low/High ? is that wut you mean?

no what I mean is that there are 2 settings medium and high for overall volume control

I was set to medium, but I’m sure when it jumped to max volume, it wasn’t just max volume of medium (which I was on) - it was louder than that - it was max volume of high !

finished searching around on other threads, and one report on the firmware thread - guy gets it every X track forwards he does, and there is another shorter dedicated thread to it

Oh, I see I get it now.

anyway to roll back to an older firmware version please ?

obviously the autoupdater just says I’m up to date

couldn’t find an obvious download area at Sandisk for firmwares

Well, if my Sansa Updater tells me there’s new firmware for my Fuze then I’m just gonna go straight to Sansa Forum > Sansa Fuze and download the latest firmware.  It doesn’t work for me on Sansa Updater.

Oh my god you are impossible. You do NOT need to roll back the FIRMWARE based on one glitch. Continue using it the way it is and see if it happens again.

do you work for Sandisk ?

can’t see how you can’t think this is an unacceptable fault ?

scratch the idea of rolling back - just found one of the other reports was from July 08 - so he couldn’t have been on the same firmware

not sure what your attitude problem is - its a new device - I’ve used it for 1 hour and already its bugged out to full volume ! - owned 6 MP3 players over 6 years now and never had a bug like it !

if it was a one off then fair enough - but a guy on the other thread has said its happened at least 10 times to him, and he’d had his Fuze replaced 3 times, and all 3 did the same thing

Try to roll back to old firmware then download the new firmware again? see if it works lol

I’m sure something has messed up on your other mp3 players. Maybe it’s your corrupted illegal music files then. Plus, that’s him, not you. It could of been a glitch that will never happen again.

wow you are spiky !

was first reported as a bug in July 08 - so why a fix hasn’t been done by now I don’t know

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=2621&query.id=140736#M2621

personally I’m returning mine - so you’ll be pleased to hear you won’t hear any further messages from me !