New Firmware Bug - 1.02.26

To Sandisk…

Have updated to the new firmware and have found a bug. Just now I tried to delete a video. The video was deleted but the entry (name) was still in the listing. When I tried to play the deleted video again the player froze. Had to do a hard reset to shut off the player. Only a media refresh corrects this.

To me this should have been found and corrected before the firmware was released. Hope this can be corrected soon. Thx.

Known Issues:
• Rating info is lost following database refresh on songs loaded in microSD
(• Deleting video from microSD card doesn’t clear file from database)
• Some language strings are still in English
• Refresh database progress bar doesn’t scale with time

I quickly found this on the first page of the firmware update thread.

The file was on the player not the microSDHC card. I guess they have a bigger problem? :dizzy_face:

Message Edited by oobergeek on 04-10-2009 11:28 AM

Did you delete the video in the internal memory, or from a Micro SDHC card? Fuzes tend to have some issues with micro SDHC, but I wouldn’t know because I don’t have a Micro SDHC card yet, but plan on getting one soon.

The video file was deleted from the player not the microSDHC card.

Message Edited by oobergeek on 04-10-2009 02:01 PM

I’ll have to give this a try I have a player that I just updated that has two videos on it one short clip and one hole 2+ hour movie on it’s internal memory… I know videos were deleted fine with my old firmware v01.01.22A…  So I’ll have to see if they will still delete fine from within the menu’s in the player… But if not. It’s no big deal to delete using WMP 11 or explore when hooked up to the computer that how I do my music files anyway…  I don’t have a issue with this what ever the case may be… But I’ll let you know how then video delete goes…  George

@oobergeek wrote:

To Sandisk…

Have updated to the new firmware and have found a bug. Just now I tried to delete a video. The video was deleted but the entry (name) was still in the listing. When I tried to play the deleted video again the player froze. Had to do a hard reset to shut off the player. Only a media refresh corrects this.

To me this should have been found and corrected before the firmware was released. Hope this can be corrected soon. Thx.

[SOLVED]

Backup all content on your player and format the player again using the FORMAT command in the settings menu on the Fuze. Put the content back on your Fuze and the problem(s) disappear.

Hi, I’m newbie so first of all, hi to everybody

Just installed this firmware and works fine except that the radio has disappear… no more icon. 

How can I get back this icon to listen again to radio ?

thanks a lot

maybe a bad firmware install…?. I would reinstall and see if that fixes the problem

reinstalled

great

it works now

thanks

I would before each firmware update back up all the files on the Fuze before doing the update. I’m not sure which files that you would need to back up exactly for the firmware, but just to be safe, just back up all of your files, you don’t need to back up the music, because all the music on the Fuze should already be on the computer. It saves room too!