My case arrived today

Just now actually. I got a black silicon case, I like it actually. It feels cool, and I feel safer about dropping it. The screen protector was cheap, I’m not even going to use it. It left a bubble when I put it om, I’ll just order a Zagg invisi shield eventually. I got it off amazon, they gave me a free bag too. It’s like the size of an iPod classic though, but it’s the same thing as the leather pouch SanDisk provides and this one pulls shut, so that’s cool. Just putting some thoughts out there, I was worrying about it looking weird with a red fuze and black case, but it just looks like my favorite hockey team (NJ Devils) team colors, plus my headphones are essentially more pink than red, so it’s all good.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Just now actually. I got a black silicon case, I like it actually. It feels cool, and I feel safer about dropping it. The screen protector was cheap, I’m not even going to use it. It left a bubble when I put it om, I’ll just order a Zagg invisi shield eventually. I got it off amazon, they gave me a free bag too. It’s like the size of an iPod classic though, but it’s the same thing as the leather pouch SanDisk provides and this one pulls shut, so that’s cool. Just putting some thoughts out there, I was worrying about it looking weird with a red fuze and black case, but it just looks like my favorite hockey team (NJ Devils) team colors, plus my headphones are essentially more pink than red, so it’s all good.

I got the same case but Didnt get the bag… I got jipped! Good luch on the case though. I had to modify my case with an xacto knife, because I have fat fingers and had trouble turing it on. I went with the invisi sheild and I love that. Not a big hockey guy, but I can imagaine how cool it would look if you could find some kind of decal or something for your scroll wheel with the Devils logo on it, so you could say you have a NJ Devils Official Fuze.

Haha, if I could find a transparent small sticker to put over the wheel with a devils logo, that would be neat. It seems like a good idea to keep the Fuze in this bag though, until I get a screen protector. Pretty sturdy bag, not going to lie lol. And yeah, it’s a little difficult to turn it on, I did notice, but not enough for me to want to modify it.

shenanagins1091 wrote:

Definitely use the bag, until you get a screen protector you like. I’ve seen lots of posts on here about “how do I remove scratches from my screen” in relation to the Fuze. I guess I got lucky, mine went on right with no bubbles, on the first try. Did you try working the bubble out with a credit card? The Clip screen must be a different material, it doesn’t seem to scratch.

Yeah I tried, tried to put it on multiple times too. I’ve have my fuze for like 3 months and don’t have any scratches that I can see, thanks to the pouch thing they give you. My brother has scratches though, in the same time period.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

Definitely use the bag, until you get a screen protector you like. I’ve seen lots of posts on here about “how do I remove scratches from my screen” in relation to the Fuze. I guess I got lucky, mine went on right with no bubbles, on the first try. Did you try working the bubble out with a credit card? The Clip screen must be a different material, it doesn’t seem to scratch.

I got 10 screen protectors for $1.00 at my local grocery store and they installed on my fuzes perfectly w/no bubbles.  Cheap as they were; they included a small laminated cardboard device that allows the end-user to eliminate bubbles as need be, like a credit card would.  Those and my silicon cases protect the players perfectly…:smiley:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
I’ll just order a Zagg invisi shield eventually.

If you do order a Zagg invisi shield, please let me know how you find it.  Such as how it was to put the shield on – easy or difficult, whether the fit is as good as it seems, how well it improves the grip, anything you want to add.

I watched the demo video and it looks good, and seems reasonably priced.  I’m thinking of getting it for my cellphone.

Thanks in advance.

@mags1230 wrote:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
I’ll just order a Zagg invisi shield eventually.

If you do order a Zagg invisi shield, please let me know how you find it.  Such as how it was to put the shield on – easy or difficult, whether the fit is as good as it seems, how well it improves the grip, anything you want to add.

I watched the demo video and it looks good, and seems reasonably priced.  I’m thinking of getting it for my cellphone.

Thanks in advance.

I have one on my fuze screen and it doesnt change the grip at all. It went on in about 2 minutes, and was super easy and it fits perfectly!

Okay, I have a challenge for you, gentle Fuzers.  I am in quest of Fuze nirvana.  The e200 series has the advantage of a cool lanyard, with the headphone jack on the top of the device.

If only I could find a real leather case for the new Fuze, something like my favorite one for the e200, it would be…sublime.

Here’s the objective, with a magnetic clasp, and a hard flip lid that protects the device.

No Velcro, no nasty seams, simple.  Just like the old cases for your pocket radio years ago.

I’ve been searching…

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Okay, I have a challenge for you, gentle Fuzers.  I am in quest of Fuze nirvana.  The e200 series has the advantage of a cool lanyard, with the headphone jack on the top of the device.

If only I could find a real leather case for the new Fuze, something like my favorite one for the e200, it would be…sublime.

Here’s the objective, with a magnetic clasp, and a hard flip lid that protects the device.

No Velcro, no nasty seams, simple.  Just like the old cases for your pocket radio years ago.

I’ve been searching…

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I think it was daytona955 that had a leather Fuze case, but it was a while ago that it was discussed…I think the wife had gotten it for him for a Christmas present, IIRC. :smiley:

Bob,

This is the closest thing you’ll get as of yet:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/iGadgitz-Black-Leather-Cover-SanDisk/dp/B001IOR2TY

But, it looks like it’s only sold in the U.K.

All the best.

Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 03-26-2009 01:37 PM

Then rejoice! :stuck_out_tongue:

There is this one, who is 90% of your wishlist

One link

and there is this other who is somewhat in your frame of mind

Another link

Take care. 

Message Edited by bunnypeeper on 03-16-2009 05:50 PM