My Sansa Fuze won't turn on, even when connected to the computer

You’re doing too many things at the same time.

With the unit OFF, slide the power button DOWN into Hold position. It will click and reveal an orange dot.

Connect the USB to the computer, open Windows Explorer (Computer), hold the << and connect the USB to the Fuze. What happens?

I got a new Fuse 2G.  Got to where plugging it in starts media player.  I give it a name in media player but eveytime I plug it in it asks me again.  Can’t seem to download songs to it.  Also, main concern here and why I’m on this thread, it won’t turn on when disconnected from computer.  I get the blue ring when plugged into computer but when disconnected I can’t get anything to happen.  Tried the 30 second reset.  HELP!

Your battery’s not charging. If you have tried the solution directly above your post, and it’s still not connecting, then either you have a bad cord or or a bad unit. 

If it’s actually new, take it back and get another one (complete with a new cord–or try it with a cord at the store).  If it’s used, you could try replacing the cord. It might be as simple as that.

@black_rectangle wrote:

You’re doing too many things at the same time.

With the unit OFF, slide the power button DOWN into Hold position. It will click and reveal an orange dot.

Connect the USB to the computer, open Windows Explorer (Computer), hold the << and connect the USB to the Fuze. What happens?

Alright, sorry it took so long. Just did what you suggested and nothing on the Sansa happens. On the PC, the little “new hardware found” icon shows up on the bottom right of the screen (I used my old Windows XP this time) but no popup came up like “Windows has found new hardware”.

I purchased another MP3 player so there is less emergency (my wife uses it, not me), but I am worried that this thing is toast. Any other suggestions are wlecomed.

What that procedure does is to force MSC mode–the basic WIndows USB connection. So if Windows is showing “found new hardware,” it doesn’t have to go through a wizard because it already has a generic USB driver installed.

Do it again and open up Windows Explorer (My Computer in XP) and see if two drives are there, the Fuze and Removable Drive (for the card slot). Meanwhile, though, the Fuze should show Connected.

Are you connecting the USB cord directly to the computer.  A hub won’t transmit enough power.

And you could still also have a bad cord.

W:dizzy_face:W!! Throwing it against a wall acually helped who needs computer gurus when you have anger and frustration!:smileyvery-happy:

It worked!It worked!It worked!It worked!It worked!It worked!

THANK YOU CHADER WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!

I HAVE REGISTERED, CUS MY SANSA FUZE 4GB IS NO TURNING ON. SO IM LOOKING FOR HELP

Have you looked through this thread for answers, Elvis?

Thanks to this thread I just revived my dead Fuze+.

Wow I was ticked off. Still am. I spent a lot of money on this, we shouldn’t have to reset it and all this ridiculousness.

I bought the sansa fuze 8 GB in Jan. 2011.  It’s new and one other time, it wouldn’t go off.  I was transferring an audio book and the lcd screen was blank but lit up and wouldn’t go off.  It finally went off and then was okay.  That was about 3 wks ago.  Now I was just getting ready to play it.  I powered it up and it went off.  I figured the battery needed to charge so I hooked it to my computer to charge it and it wouldn’t start charging and wouldn’t power up.  I tried to reset it but nothing happened.  Anyone can help

The white screen may have meant it couldn’t handle one of the files you put on it. If you ever see a white screen again, hold up the power button for 15 seconds, and keep holding it past when the unit goes black to reset it.

If it won’t recharge, it  is probably a bad cord, or you are trying to connect from a USB hub that is not providing enough power. Make sure the cord is plugged directly into USB port, not a hub. 

If the cord is bad, you could get a new generic one on Amazon for under $5.  

But since you are under warranty for a year from purchase, you could also call 1-800-SANDISK and ask about a replacement. Just make sure they replace both unit and cord.

I just wanted to add my weird experience to this thread. My wife and I both have Fuze’s.  Mine is older, and has way more cycles on the battery.  I have two “extender” batteries, both found on the discount rack at local Staples.  They’re packaged as cell phone extenders, but they’re both 5V USB outputs so they work fine with the Fuze.

The other day the internal was low, so I had one of the extender batteries jacked in.  The Fuze stopped mid-sentence.  I pulled it out of my pocket.  Black screen.  No response to on/off switch.  Tried the other battery.  Nothing.  I tried my wife’s 120V “wall wart” charger.  No good.  Tried swapping back and forth between her Sansa cable and mine.  No joy.  I finally jacked it into our PC and the Fuze lit right up.  I charged it until the battery icon showed “Full”.

With the exception of the Windows-based Sansa Updater, we manage the Fuzes on Ubuntu.  So the Fuze was already in MSC mode.

I was about to give up on the little trooper but it appears to be working again.  I’m guessing that the Fuze internal battery AND the extender battery went dead, and that somehow caused the Fuze to freeze up (?)

omg i love you because it worked

thankyou holy ■■■■ it scared me

Sooooo…what do we do when none of this works???

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU … for the reset “thing” I kept the power button on for 15 seconds then restarted and IT STARTED!!!  thank god for internet!! I almost threw this **bleep** thing away!! ;-}

To Sansafixer:

THANK YOU!  you just saved my day from ruin.  I thought i had shorted out the battery and was going to have to buy a new one.  your method worked just fine.  thank you thank you thank you.

:smileyvery-happy::robotvery-happy::womanvery-happy:

Mine doesn’t turn on at all; I’ve tried EVERYTHING && it just wont turn on… Please help ! D:

Pomocy!!! sformatowałem  mojego sansa i teraz nie chce się uaktywnić, podłączam do PC i na sansa  ukazuje się komunikat " Fat is corrupted Please connect device to PC and recover FAT" i po chwili urządzenie się wyłącza, PC wogóle go nie widzi, co mam zrobić ? Pomóżcie