My Computer Freezes when accessing the Fuze

I have yet to be able to put music on it because everytime i click the internal memory it locks up on me. When i try from windows media player it locks up??

I have windows XP

First make sure you are up to date, Service pack 3, WMP 11, USB 2.0, and I think thats all from XP. then put your player in to MSC mode by going to settings> System Settings> MSC, and if you can access the player in this mode, then downlaod and install the newest firmware. Its all important. Try this first and if still no success then we will try other things.

I have service pack 2

I have wmp 11

How do i see if i have USB 2.0

Do i have to pay for service pack 3

Nope you dont have to pay for the SP update just go to Microsoft.com and then search that site for Service Pack 3. USB 2.0 is part of SP 2.

so i need service pack 3 for it to work

You dont need it but it cant hurt. Before you download that especially if it will take a while Switch to MSC mode and go to the Firmware update thread and do a firmware upgrade.

ok do i need to hold down th thubwheel to go down the settings menu its not moving down the menu when i turn the wheel

Time out Wait… YOur Fuze is frozen?

It moved when i held the thumbwheel down and turned. Is that normal?

I changed the mode as instructed and it is now connected as a driver on “My computer”. I pressed the link to download the firmware. Do i also need to click the check box for the media converter? Do i also need to click the link for “All regions”???

Here is what I need to know. Your computer is frozen when you plug the Fuze in correct? Is your Fuze Frozen too?

Only worry about the converter if you are going to be putting videos or pictures on. I would ignore it for now.

Dont click the link for the Updater. Do a manual upgrade. So yeah click all regions and then read the first post of the Firmware updater thread on how to do a manual upgrade.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-27-2009 11:37 PM

Oh i already clicked the link for the updater…is it to late to do the manual upgrade…did i mess it up

No. The updater is nice but I am guessing when you try to use it 1 of 2 things will happen. You computer will freeze or it wont work. Give it a try first.

i already did the installer,did imess it up? is it too late to do the manual upgrade

ok i did it. it appears to have worked…is there a reason the thumbwheel is not responding…i have to hold it down and turn

How much preassure do you have to put on it? Its not like an ipod where you barely touch it and it moves.

Does it need to be fully charged before loading music?

Does the battery have to be completely drained before any recharge

How long should i expect for it to take to download music?

Does it matter that its showing up as a drive and not a mp3 player like in MSC mode?

I have to hold it down and turn at the same time…kind of weird…is there another way to go up and down without the wheel? It was working when i first used the wheel when i took it out the box now i have to press down

@realgoldn wrote:
I have to hold it down and turn at the same time…kind of weird…is there another way to go up and down without the wheel? It was working when i first used the wheel when i took it out the box now i have to press down

I will respond to the previous post in just a second. This sounds like a Defect. I would return it for a new one. You should not have to hold it down while you turn it. You need a little preasure but not much.

@realgoldn wrote:

Does it need to be fully charged before loading music?

Does the battery have to be completely drained before any recharge

How long should i expect for it to take to download music?

Does it matter that its showing up as a drive and not a mp3 player like in MSC mode?

No

No

From your PC to your player not long.

In MSC mode it shoule look like a flash drive (Sansa Fuze (Drive Letter))