Microsd card with Fuze...anyone care to share how they organize their media files?

I have a 2GB player with 8GB external memory… I tend to run rockbox and sansa firmware side-by-side.

So Internal memory only has temporary files (ones I listen to then dump), by doing this I also have space for voice/fm recordings since they’re limited to internal memory only

External memory has folders for music, video etc. Under music there are genre’s  ie: Classic Rock, Comedy, Classical. Under each genre are artists under which are album folders with that albums MP3s. For example “music/Classic Rock/Beatles/White Album”.

I also save MP3s to an external hard drive in the same arrangement, so if I want to put an album or all albums by a specific artist I only drag/drop that folder.  If your think of your normal storage as your hard-drive and arrange them logically there then you can more easily handle moving then to the fuze. The folders arrangement works great with the new ‘folder’ option in the Sansa firmware (or rockbox).

Message Edited by timn on 09-27-2009 01:45 PM