MicroSDHC question

My 4GB Fuse has a 4GB MicroSDHC card in it that works great. I download lots of books from a public library and have started to fill up the internal and external memory.

I just bought an 8GB MicroSDHC card from Amazon thinking I could just remove the filled up 4GB, store it, and proceed to fill up the 8GB.  Am I right, or will I lose all my unabridged book titles on the 4GB MicroSDHC card as soon as I remove it from the Fuse?

Appreciate the advice!

No problem,  you wont lose a thing.

Hodge2,

Your 4gb memory is built in. It cannot be removed. When you add an external card the contents you add will be integrated with the indexes with the internal content. When you remove the external card, those will go away and you will be left with what is on the internal memory only. But SHOULD be reintegrated once you return the card back to the device.

If you have a 4gb Fuze with an extra 4gig external card, you might want to move the contents of the external 4gig card to the 8 gig card.

Message Edited by bobletteross on 10-08-2008 09:44 AM

Message Edited by bobletteross on 10-08-2008 09:47 AM

Message Edited by bobletteross on 10-08-2008 09:47 AM

Message Edited by bobletteross on 10-08-2008 09:49 AM

Hodge,

Do you down load the books online from your library? Can anyone? If so please post a link and share!  Just swap cards and it will rebuild the data base each time a different card is put in!!  I think! Thanks! George

Many thanks for all the replies and help!!

George: If your public library has a website, go to it and see if they offer downloads of books, movies and music. My public library (and many others) use a vendor named Overdrive that leases thousands of titles to the public library; which in turn makes it available to patrons with a library card and computer at home.

What’s the catch? Nothing, the downloads are free, you do have a limit on the titles you can have out and once the 14 or 21 day borrowing date is up, you’ll see that the audiobook file on your computer is deactivated. 

I simply download an audiobook and use Rhaspody software to transfer the audiofile from my computer to my Mp3. Once on the Mp3, it stays on until you listen to and eventually delete the book.  I walk in the mornings before work and right now I have something like 39 books on two Sansa clips and a Fuse that I can work my way through - gonna take me years of walking :>)  Hope that helps, Ken

ps, If your library doesn’t have Overdrive, just stop into a large public library in your state that does offer downloads. Sign up for a library card and you can download just as easily as from your own library.

hodge2,

Thank you for all the great info… I live in small town it the north country of NH. Our library does have a web site but not much else! Heck you can’t even bring in a disk.  But I never thought of looking at a large library in our state… Thanks! Great idea! I’m going to see if I can find out if I can get a card online from a large library town in our state…  Or if I can find a place in the state that allows book downloads… Have a great day!:smiley: George

Message Edited by George-W on 10-08-2008 04:19 PM

I have a 4gb card that I’m putting audio books on. (As well as other cards with other things on them). I just switch out the cards as I need to. 

I got several from LibriVox, a free volunteer service.  On this site not all readers are professional or that great and different chapters may be read by different readers but they do pretty good.  They do the old, out of copywrite, books.  The classics.  And some good ones … ;)  .  I finally listened to Wizard of Oz which I had been meaning to read forever. 

I save them to my hard drive, put them Windows Media Player 10 and then sinc to my Fuze.

Thanks Dalaug234! A good friend, best man at my wedding 30 years ago, suggested LibriVox (I’m pretty sure it’s the one you suggested) and I’ve yet to give it a try - things in the public domain, right? I check it out.

George: I forgot to include an address. Go to http://phoenix.lib.overdrive.com/CA4993FC-0B79-4564-9FA8-0E51112335CF/10/228/en/Default.htm  to get some idea what a large library (Phoenix Public Library) will offer their patrons. Best regards, Ken

Ken,

Wow!  Thanks a great library! I did have a look at the LibriVox but finding looking here much better… Seems to be much easier to look through books and sounds easy to download… I have relatives in AZ so maybe I can do something through them to give me access… 

Here this is what’s in my town for online use. I could go there but you can’t download anything unless you buy a disk from them… Your link looks much more user friendly!  http://conway.lib.nh.us/

Thanks again!  George

George: You’re right, Conway Public is limited in what they have to offer - looks like they have a very good website, but their budget may just not allow them to offer what they’d like to provide.  Best of luck with the relatives in AZ. I do know that anyone living OUTSIDE of Maricopa Country (where Phoenix is located) is charged $20.00 a year for a library card. Ken

@george_w wrote:

Ken,

Wow!  Thanks a great library! I did have a look at the LibriVox but finding looking here much better… Seems to be much easier to look through books and sounds easy to download… I have relatives in AZ so maybe I can do something through them to give me access… 

Here this is what’s in my town for online use. I could go there but you can’t download anything unless you buy a disk from them… Your link looks much more user friendly!  http://conway.lib.nh.us/

Thanks again!  George

George, that’s true, there is a better listing.  However, when I looked at my library about 90% of the audiobooks were “checked out” and the rest weren’t something I wanted to read.  So I’ve just been using librovox for now.  I may go back and I think I can put some on reserve, but didn’t look into it.  After going through tons of pages of books “checked out” I just gave up for the time being.  And I didn’t look to see if you needed anything special, I was just browsing to see what they had.