Micro sdhc needed?

Hi

I just read in a review in Amazon that if you don´t insert the memory card the Fuze won’t work. Is that true? I searched in the pdf manual but I can’t see anything about it. It’s weird but it could be, I don’t want surprises.

Thank you

Is this a joke? You really expect that Sansa would release a product that has 2/4/8G of internal memory that can’t be used until you put in a mircoSD card?

The depths of stupidity on the board continue to amaze me, first of all every 2nd or 3rd post is someone that can’t get their computer to recognise to their Fuze and they can’t use a search function to find about the MSC/MTP issue and now this… wow.

Take it easy, i have a very simple (and cheap) mp3 player with expansion card feature and it does not need a card to work. I asked for the review I read in Amazon, even she said the device worked when she put the micro sd in the sansa, it just amazed me, it has no sense. But thank you anyway.

Relax, as a post in Amazon is related to one user’s findings only.  There was an issue with the Mac not finding the Fuze- if a µSD card was inserted, the Mac found the device, since there were multiple drives available.  And this varies depending upon which of the Mac OS “kitties” is installed.

This is more than likely not related to your particular situation, I’ll venture.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, I understand what you are asking, I dont find it stupid… The Reviews on Amazon are written by people who choose to do so not by people who know what they are talking about. The fuze will work exactly the same with our without a memory card. The fuze is an awesome product, and It is worth the money. If you dont have a micro sd card I would suggest one if you are planning a fuze purchace (you can have more media with you) but you do not need one.

The only Sansa player on which this is true is the SlotMusic player. It has NO on-board or internal memory and therefore relies solely on the card inserted into the slot.

All others will work fine with or without a card.

What is the Slotmusic player?

Slot Music Player     Slot Music artists/Cards

@jonsegue wrote:
What is the Slotmusic player?

I would suggest using “the Google” as our current President is fond of saying :stuck_out_tongue:

I found a player but no screen on it and then only 21 total titles availible at walmart.  So iTunes has some songs but Slotmusic had 21?

http://www.walmart.com/slotmusic

http://www.slotmusic.org/

Message Edited by jonsegue on 01-06-2009 08:28 PM

Slot Music Is new and still what I would call an experiment on Sansas part. When I bought mine they had 14 titles. Since then they added 7. Its growing… But hey why dont you check out the slotmusic board… Its all right there.

Do you like your slot player?

The only way i will buy a slotMusic card is if it has the music encoded in flac I will not pay the same amount as a cd for a worse sounding track.

The SlotMusic µSD cards are pretty cool, with 256 kb/s MP3 files on them.  There’s also available space for your own music on the card.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

256 kb s mp3 files are a poor bitrate to pay for, and the format and bitrate is why I will never buy one. I’m not gona pay the same amount as a CD for inferior audio quality this is also why I don’t buy from online download stores. It needs to be flac or better

@psywiped wrote:

256 kb s mp3 files are a poor bitrate to pay for, and the format and bitrate is why I will never buy one. I’m not gona pay the same amount as a CD for inferior audio quality this is also why I don’t buy from online download stores. It needs to be flac or better

They won’t sell them as FLAC because asides from Sansas,  they also aim them at people with cell phones that play music, and how many cell phones play FLAC? They need to sell them with something universally compatible, so MP3 it is.

@psywiped wrote:

Totally agreed.  It didn’t help when it was introduced that many of the article writers were speaking of “CD’s demise” in the same breath.  There is no way that a lossy format is going to replace non-compressed audio in my book.  It looks like the industry is headed that way, but I’m going to kick and scream loud and hard, until it’s a done deal.

With that said, that is why I am a fan of the fuze and the clip because it gives us consumers a choice in which way and format we choose to listen to our music.

It’s fine that the slotmusic player is in the 256kbps format; but don’t mention it as a CD replacement either; because in my mind it’s a poor substitute.

I certainly have no intentions of buying a slot card. As stated before , at the same price as the CD, not worth it for me. Of course, I know how to insert a CD into a computer and rip it…SanDisk seems, with the SlotMusic and SlotRadio players, to be aiming at those who don’t know how/won’t be bothered to rip CD’s. I think they’d sell more 16GB Fuzes than slot players, but maybe I’m wrong.

@psywiped wrote:

You have to realize your opinions on sound quality are not the same as other peoples. For some 128 kbps is more than sufficent. And yet still for others Flac is not good enough. There are other factors that play in to the purchace of a card than just the quality, Space being a big one. SanDisk left space on the card for your music too, with Flac they may not have been able to do this in the current card size, so they have to increase card size and along with that the price increases. Think about this… SanDisk is in the business of being in business which means making money, which means they have to make products that people other than just Sansa player owners will buy. If that means mp3 then thats what they are gonna do, if that meant a proprietary file type then you better believe thats what they would do. I can garuntee you one thing, Flac will never be on a card that costs what the cards cost now!

Also an Addition… This is the Sansa FUZE forum. The OP asked about adding an SD card to the player. Slotmusic was mentioned in relation to that post. If you want to discuss that player specifically I would suggest using that forum.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 04-01-2009 03:59 PM

I bought a sanza fuze because it playes ogg and flac and has a way to install more memory.