Messed up display

Hey all, I read most of the threads about this problem regarding the screen going blank/white and not working correctly and tried the formatting, factory reset, firmware manual install, etc. Nothing worked! I still get a scrambled screen and when I try to scroll, the screen goes linear and starts fading into all white, and then snaps back to another crazed scrambled image of all the menu items. I dont know what happened! it was working perfectly fine until halfway through a car ride and WHAM!! I didnt add any new songs of late and was on a song I always play so I know it cant be the song file causing issues… All suggestions are welcomed. Im unsure of when I purchased the device, sadly I think it may be at least a month over the 1yr warranty.

From the symptoms you describe and the remedies you’ve tired, it sounds like you have a hardware-related problem. Sadly, there’s nothing more you can do except get a new one, either through warranty replacement (if it’s within the period) or ponying up the money to buy another one.

From the symptoms you describe and the remedies you've tried, it sounds like you have a hardware-related problem. Sadly, there's nothing more you can do except get a new one, either through warranty replacement (if it's within the period) or ponying up the money to buy another one.  

I found a receipt! Huzzah! Unfortunately, I got it January 17th, 2009… So Im pretty sure warranty isnt an option

I should have did something when I first noticed symptoms like the menu scrambling temporarily… 

Message Edited by SapphireDragonG on 04-18-2010 04:19 PM

And…this thing is officially possessed… it just randomly started working fully functional again…

Message Edited by SapphireDragonG on 04-19-2010 06:38 AM

A very similar thing happened to my Fuze. The screen gone absolutely bonkers, nothing helped. I wrote off the player as faulty, then, suddenly it started to work normally - that’s after a couple of weeks.

Btw, on the models shipping in Europe there is a 2 year warranty stamp. 

Thanks!

Interesting to know, but I purchased it and currently reside in the US so it wont help much. Ill just stick with the player for now and bide my time until it dies completely. From there ill probably research Sansa players that dont have this problem or dare I say it, find a better player from another brand *shrug* but ive liked my past 2 Sandisk players so time will tell.

Maybe it’s just cranky at the moment. Give it some quality ‘alone’ time. You never can tell; it may decide to start working again on its own. Several people have reported screen issues; they forget about it for a while, turn it on and now it works perfectly.

Go figure.