Menu auto off time?

In the menu it has a auto off setting. Does it turn off the fuse off completely as i would if I use the off switch on the side of the unit? I’m asking because I would like to use the unit to relax when going to bed and would like to be able to fall asleep with the unit on but don’t want to wake up with a drained battery…  Thanks!

Also when I’m connected if I go into my computer then the fuze then Internal Memory I see folders… I went into each folder deleting the contents,songs and music and video that came with it…  Can I delete the folders themselves? Like services, music, podcasts, Photos? Or are they none removable? Can I make my own and have then show up in the menus? Still trying to understand this thing with out removing something I may need… Basically how bad can I screw this thing up? Does the format command in the menu remove these folders or just there contents? Thanks! George

Sorry for so many questions but I just love this thing… My wife and I both have one now and were not youngsters! LOL…  I’m 51 and she’s 58 and we think these things are the coolest and what great sound!  Thanks for all your help people! George

The menu auto-off time auto turns off if music is paused. It’s for if you forget to turn it off. SanDisk has never implemented a sleep mode, but they really should! Yes, you can delete those folders.

Can you elaborate on that please? If I delete the folders can I  create new ones and name then whatever I want? Will the new folders show up in the menu of the player? I would like to create a folder with my name and my wife’s name so we each can have are own music in each for when we only take one player with us… She’s country I’m a little rock & roll!Thanks! Geoege

No, you can’t do that. You could make playlists, one for you and one for your wife? Or just browse by genre and choose your style!

I wouldn’t go so far as deleting the folders. Either follow gabe565’s advice and make playlists (not an easy task on the FUZE) for each of you, or just take both of them; hers & yours. They’re small; they don’t take up that much room.

I would however, label them somehow, so you both know who’s is whose (?). That way you’re not surprised when you turn your unit on expecting to hear Led Zeppelin and instead you hear Garth Brooks! :smiley:

@tapeworm wrote:

I wouldn’t go so far as deleting the folders. Either follow gabe565’s advice and make playlists (not an easy task on the FUZE) for each of you, or just take both of them; hers & yours. They’re small; they don’t take up that much room.

I would however, label them somehow, so you both know who’s is whose (?). That way you’re not surprised when you turn your unit on expecting to hear Led Zeppelin and instead you hear Garth Brooks! :smiley:

Tapeworm, LOL!!  You nailed it!! Led Zeppelin= Me  Garth Brooks=The wife!!  Thanks! Lot’s of question but we are learning! Me 8GB silver her 4GB red!!  Makes it easy… Going to pick up some of the silicon cases for them to help make them none slip and a little bump proof…Also have a wall charger on the way… Back ordered!! Thanks again! George

Now that I think about it, I probably wouldn’t delete the folders. Just delete their contents. If you did delete the folders, it won’t hurt anything, just make new folders with the same name. You should just keep them because they are supposed to be there.

I’m just wondering, how do you get music on your device? Do you sync with Media Monkey, Windows Media Player, Rhapsody, etc. or do you drag and drop?

Message Edited by gabe565 on 09-03-2008 07:09 AM

Gabe,

I’ll keep the folders Thanks… So the format command will not delete the folders themselves? I’m running XP and use Windows MP 11 to synk with… Thanks for your help! George

@george_w wrote:

So the format command will not delete the folders themselves? I’m running XP and use Windows MP 11 to synk with… Thanks for your help! George

Formatting will only erase/clear what _ YOU _ have put in the memory. Your operating system, files, folders and firmware are safe.

Absolutely right! Format will quickly clear all of your files, it won’t hurt anything. Just make sure that you have all your music on your computer or you will lose it!

Thanks!!  I feel better now about the file folders!!  I also found that if I put on a one CD or play all the Cd’s from a artist or my go list the unit will completely turn off when all music ends and  I don’t hit any buttons. I have to use the slide switch on the side to turn it back on…  That works! George

Do you allow it to be paused for a while? Because after 5 minutes of not playing music, it will turn off

I just let the music selection stop when it’s done with my selections and after a period of time it will completely shut off. I find this very useful when using it to relax in bed when I’m nodding off to la la land!! In the morning I have to use the side slide switch to turn the unit back on… Great sound too! Just tried the phones * ear buds* that came with it* There not bad at all…  But the wife is thinking of some Koss ear buds as the ones that came with here won’t stay in her ears! She has very small ears! George

Message Edited by George-W on 09-04-2008 07:14 AM

@george_w wrote:
She has very small ears!

My wife doesn’t listen to me either. Is this the excuse your wife uses? :smileyvery-happy:

LOL!! I’m lucky my wife does what I ASK 99% of the time!! * with most things I ask of her*:stuck_out_tongue: I am a very lucky man!!George :smiley:

Only 99%, what happened to the.9? Some people use this to turn their Sansa off. They just pause it and it will turn off after 5 minutes! I don’t because I try to conserve as much battery as possible, but it depends on how you like it! Some good earbuds that I like are JVC Marshmallows. They are $20 at Wal-Mart, but they are in-ear. Does she want in ears, or headphones?

Gabe, 

Well we went through 3 Set’s so far…  All from WalMart…  #1Phillips virtual surround sound SHE5910 These we still have sound is good with some decent bass great highs with smooth mid’s…  They are rated at .50mw with a SLP of 106 so they do play loud too…  For me there fine for her they just make it in her ears with the small silicon push on pieces. She not happy with there fit as they keep falling out.    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7959085       #2 Just took back to WalMart were Koss KEB 24R Red. They didn’t fit her with any of all 3 silicon end caps…  I tried them and even if I got them in good with a pneumatic fit they lacked bass and had a low sensitivity about them… Sound was smooth through there range rated at 100mw with a SLP of 100…     http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6561888  #3 was Sony large set to large for the player it was rated at 500mw with a SLP of 98 just to big…  Lacking both bass and highs! http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=1957327

This is  just to give you a idea of what we tried…  The ones that came with the Fuze are useless for her…  They don’t stay in at all…

I have all high end audio gear in the house and am use to knowing what I like as far as sound goes but. But for her with both fit and sound quality it’s hard…  I would say with a $50 cap on the upper end for price is what she has set…

I know this is going to sound contrary to what I have said but I think the ones that cam with the unit don’t sound half bad if you can get them in your years equaly…  What do you think of our dilemma?  Thanks! George

PS      She would not mind a good set of over the head head phones if that her only real choice…We’ll give the JVC Marshmallows and see it they will stay put for her…  Won’t be to next week though before we can get there…

Message Edited by George-W on 09-05-2008 02:43 PM

Those look pretty good!

The ones that come with it aren’t half as bad as the iPod ones!