Memory busy ??

Just plugged my Fuze into USB to transfer a song.

When I try to copy the music file into the Music folder the “Copying” box pops up, but it states “Waiting: The Sandisk Sansa Fuze - Internal Memory is busy”.

What’s going on?

P.S.  I can’t get the updater installer to open on my computer. Tried to use the zip files and do it manually but get same “waiting…” message as above

Try un-plugging from the computer and resetting the device. Slide the spring-loaded power switch up and hold it in the uppermost position for 20 - 30 seconds.

Now release it and plug back into your computer. See if this helps.

I had already tried that. Didn’t work.

In fact, I broke my on/off switch doing that. Now it just slides up and down loosely without working. So, that’s a bummer.

But, that’s okay since I use it in my car with a FM transmitter which turns the unit on as soon as the transmitter gets power. Just won’t ever be able to reset it again.

Anyway, any other options?

Thanks for your help.

Try to run an error-check on it. 

Okay. How do I do that?

Error-checking:

Connect to the computer. Look in Windows Explorer (Computer/My Computer) for the Sansa Fuze drive. Right-click on it, Properties/Tools/Error-Checking. Don’t “save bad chains” if it asks.

I don’t think it will help, but it can’t hurt.

@oakae wrote:

In fact, I broke my on/off switch doing that. Now i t just slides up and down loosely without working. So, that’s a bummer.

Gee, you don’t think this might have anything to do with your problem, do you?

@tapeworm wrote:

@oakae wrote:

In fact, I broke my on/off switch doing that. Now i t just slides up and down loosely without working. So, that’s a bummer.

Gee, you don’t think this might have anything to do with your problem, do you?

100% agreed.

No, it doesn’t have anything to do with it. It was already “memory busy” before the switch broke.

Any other sarcastic answers?

@oakae wrote:

Any other sarcastic answers?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Great news. It fixed itself. So now all I have to do is get up to the store to buy an iPod to replace this piece of ■■■■.

Thanks for your all your help, you pompous asswipe.  Guess that broken switch had everything to do with it.  Glad I’ll never have to come back to this wasteland to ask for help from an intestinal parasite.

Great news indeed! It has happened before that if one leaves the player alone for a few days, it mysteriously comes back to life without any input from the user.

Strange and un-explained, but why argue with success? I wish you the best on your next player.

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.”

W.C. Fields

:smiley:

Hey, enjoy your dopI player! More expensive, less storage, less features, worse sound quality…but wow, everyone else has exactly the same thing! Join the Apple clone corps…

@black_rectangle wrote:

Hey, enjoy your dopI player! More expensive, less storage, less features, worse sound quality…but wow, everyone else has exactly the same thing! Join the Apple clone corps…

More expensive, yes. As far as less features, storage and sound quality, those points do apply to most iPods, but not all of them…:wink:

@black_rectangle wrote:

And they say us iPod owners are sheep…Ha Ha Ha Ha… What a load of nonsense^^^^  But, hey if you like the Sansa line of players that may be gone tomorrow; by all means have fun.

Going to iPod players was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.  Nary a problem since I made the switch…

‘That’s all Gracie…Goodnight’