Memory Issue

I have a 4gb Sansa Fuze that was filled up with only 597 Mb left.  I purchased a 4gb micro chip and transferred my video and picture folders to the micro chip supposedly clearing up 1.8 Gb of space on the internal drive.  When I connect the Fuze to my PC the Internal memory shows only 597Mb free (the same b4 the transfer) and the micro shows the 1.8 I transferred to it.  Just to make sure that I didn’t copy the folders instead of pasting, I removed the micro chip and connected the fuze to my PC and the video and picture folders now showed empty. 

My question is, why did I not regain the memory back on the internal memory after I removed all of it’s contents?

TIA Stu 

PS  I have the USB set to auto

When you transferred the data from the fuze to the microsd card, was the card inside the fuze? Or was it transferred with the sd card on a different USB slot on your computer? (The latter would prove better results)

@webspin_r6 wrote:
When you transferred the data from the fuze to the microsd card, was the card inside the fuze? Or was it transferred with the sd card on a different USB slot on your computer? (The latter would prove better results)

The card was in the player but my issue has to do with the internal memory size.  After cutting 1.8GB of data from the fuze, it still show the memory being used
Message Edited by stuigi on 12-10-2008 02:09 PM

It could be an MTP vs. MSC issue. Connect in one and look for these files. If they’re not seen, connect in the other mode and look. Don’t use the Auto-Defect setting.

If there’s no evidence of them anywhere and the memory still seems to be taken, try deleting the ‘mtable.sys’ file in the root directory (as seen on your computer). This will only be available in MSC mode. It is the database file. When you delete this, and then un-plug your player, it will completely re-build a new one from what it sees on the player at that instant, not just refreshing the same old data.

I am having a similar issue with a video (digital copy of the Mummy) that I dragged and dropped onto my 8 GB Sansa View.  It came back as unsupported media format so I used the View’s own menu to delete it off the player.  However, while I cannot see the movie or the file anywhere on the thing, the memory was not restored.  Please help!  Also, I do not know where to go to see this MTP/MSC thing…please point me in right direction.

@madhold wrote:
I am having a similar issue with a video (digital copy of the Mummy) that I dragged and dropped onto my 8 GB Sansa View.  It came back as unsupported media format so I used the View’s own menu to delete it off the player.  However, while I cannot see the movie or the file anywhere on the thing, the memory was not restored.  Please help!  Also, I do not know where to go to see this MTP/MSC thing…please point me in right direction.

–>> Sansa View board <<–