Memory Card Question

Well, here’s a dumb qestion for you all: do I need to make a music folder on a 16 gb microSDHC card to be able to play it in my music folder on the Fuze player? The card’s a SanDisk btw. Thanks in advance!

–Panda

IIRC, when you insert a freshly formatted card into the Fuze, it will add the folders it expects.

@daytona955 wrote:
IIRC, when you insert a freshly formatted card into the Fuze, it will add the folders it expects.

The only folders on my memory card are for videos and photos, (I’ve not put any music on the card yet), but these were created automatically when I used SMC to convert the files. I assumed I would have to make a music folder if I wanted to add music. Should I have formatted the card? (It’s a SanDisk card which came with the player). Will the player recognise a folder I have created?

Thanks for any advice.

In MSC mode, it’s not necessary to create any particular folders.  Just copy your music onto the card with the folder structure you want.  Note that the Fuze may rename and/or rearrange folders after you do this, for the purpose of speeding up database refreshes.

I can’t speak for MTP mode, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the answer is the same.

@promisedplanet wrote:

In MSC mode, it’s not necessary to create any particular folders.  Just copy your music onto the card with the folder structure you want.  Note that the Fuze may rename and/or rearrange folders after you do this, for the purpose of speeding up database refreshes.

I can’t speak for MTP mode, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the answer is the same.

The Fuze definitely will not change any file/folder names or move anything around in MSC mode.  However, what you see in the Fuze’s UI might look different if your tags don’t match your folder/file names.  I assume that’s what you’re talking about?

Thanks! I finally ended up figuring it out on my own about two hours later tho lol