Manual bookmarks are lost in firmware v. 1.01.22A

I have been successfully using the “manual bookmarks” for MP3 files placed in either Podcasts and Audiobooks folders until I just upgraded the firmware to version 1.01.22A.  Now I have completely lost all ability to place these manual bookmarks into Podcasts and Audiobooks.  In the previous firmware I had the option for “resume from beginning” or “play from current position” if the MP3 file was placed in either the Podcasts or Audiobooks folders.  What happened to those manual bookmarks?  I really want to get that feature back.  Please tell me how I can return to the previous firmware version so I can get them back.

Message Edited by Smartmac6 on 01-10-2009 01:50 PM

The feature is still there, however the placeholders from before the firmware update are gone. Try playing a podcast or audiobook partly, then go back to it, and you will be offered the option to resume.

Thank you for answering my post.  I understand I would lose my previous manual bookmarks when I do the firmware upgrade, and I have had that happen before in previous firmware upgrades so I was expecting it.  However, I have numerous times attempted to use the manual bookmark feature again just as before setting new pause points in various MP3 files stored in both the Podcasts and Audiobooks folders and it simply had stopped working after the firmware upgrade to v.1.01.22A.

But since you told me the feature had not really been lost, it gave me one idea to try which did work so I am passsing it on in order to help other users with the same issue.  It is necessary to delete the actual MP3 files that were previously stored in the Podcast and Audiobooks folders, disconnect and allow the files to be rebuilt, then re-connect and copy the MP3 files back into those folders, finally disconnecting and allowing the files to be re-built.  After that process you can again place the manual bookmarks using the pause.

Thank you.

@smartmac6 wrote:

But since you told me the feature had not really been lost, it gave me one idea to try which did work so I am passsing it on in order to help other users with the same issue.  It is necessary to delete the actual MP3 files that were previously stored in the Podcast and Audiobooks folders, disconnect and allow the files to be rebuilt, then re-connect and copy the MP3 files back into those folders, finally disconnecting and allowing the files to be re-built.  After that process you can again place the manual bookmarks using the pause.

Ah ha that’s why I was wondering what your problem was. The first thing I did to my Fuze was format it to get rid of the included songs, the second was to update to the latest firmware.