MSC File Discrepancy

If I have my Fuze on Auto or MTP (which I don’t normally set it on), I have 138 tracks in the Library and 121 tracks on the Fuze using computer (1).  If I set the Fuze on MSC, I have 138 tracks, but only 20 tracks on the Fuze.  I loaded some songs from CD and from Files (bought on Rhapsody) on a different computer (2) using Rhapsody, but can’t remember what setting I had the Fuze on (must have been on MSC). There are one or two Rhapsody purchase songs and 1 CD that don’t show up on the libraries on computer (1), but, they show on the Fuze when in MSC.  I can’t copy from the Fuze in MSC to the main Library (computer 1) using Rhapsody.  I can only do a manual copy from the Fuze to a newly created file folder. I can’t copy from the folder to the Rhapsody Library. 

Sorry for the above discription, but it is rather confusing.  Why is the Fuze in MSC mode only showing 20 tracks and in Auto showing 121.  I also must point out that the tracks are on the Fuze?. I also tried to fix this last night and got double tracks on some songs showing on the Fuze while disconnected.  I deleted them. 

Secondly, I used Rhaposdy to edit track info and included album art from searching the web (Amazon.com search-copy and paste into Rhapsody’s edit track section).  The clip art will show up in Rhapsody when I come back to that album after looking at other albums, but it won’t always transfer to the Fuze. When I close Rhapsody and open it back up, some of the clip art for those albums no longer shows.  Any thoughts?    

Message Edited by bragl123 on 03-28-2009 10:20 AM

@bragl123 wrote:

If I have my Fuze on Auto or MTP (which I don’t normally set it on), I have 138 tracks in the Library and 121 tracks on the Fuze using computer (1).  If I set the Fuze on MSC, I have 138 tracks, but only 20 tracks on the Fuze.  I loaded some songs from CD and from Files (bought on Rhapsody) on a different computer (2) using Rhapsody, but can’t remember what setting I had the Fuze on (must have been on MSC). There are one or two Rhapsody purchase songs and 1 CD that don’t show up on the libraries on computer (1), but, they show on the Fuze when in MSC.  I can’t copy from the Fuze in MSC to the main Library (computer 1) using Rhapsody.  I can only do a manual copy from the Fuze to a newly created file folder.

Sorry for the above discription, but it is rather confusing.  Why is the Fuze in MSC mode only showing 20 tracks and in Auto showing 121.  I also must point out that the tracks are on the Fuze?. I also tried to fix this last night and got double tracks on some songs showing on the Fuze while disconnected.  I deleted them. 

Secondly, I used Rhaposdy to edit track info and included album art from searching the web (Amazon.com search-copy and paste into Rhapsody’s edit track section).  The clip art will show up in Rhapsody when I come back to that album after looking at other albums, but it won’t always transfer to the Fuze. When I close Rhapsody and open it back up, some of the clip art for those albums no longer shows.  Any thoughts?    

If you transfer files in one mode, and then you switch and transfer more songs, you will have this issue. You can only see files transfered in the mode they were transfered in. So If you see 121, in auto, those are the ones you sent in MTP. And in Auto mode thats all you will see. The same holds true for MSC. The issue comes when you are using 2 PCs and one defaults to MTP and one to MSC. The trick is to remeber which is which.   

@bragl123 wrote:

If I have my Fuze on Auto or MTP (which I don’t normally set it on), I have 138 tracks in the Library and 121 tracks on the Fuze using computer (1).  If I set the Fuze on MSC, I have 138 tracks, but only 20 tracks on the Fuze.  I loaded some songs from CD and from Files (bought on Rhapsody) on a different computer (2) using Rhapsody, but can’t remember what setting I had the Fuze on (must have been on MSC). There are one or two Rhapsody purchase songs and 1 CD that don’t show up on the libraries on computer (1), but, they show on the Fuze when in MSC.  I can’t copy from the Fuze in MSC to the main Library (computer 1) using Rhapsody.  I can only do a manual copy from the Fuze to a newly created file folder. I can’t copy from the folder to the Rhapsody Library. 

Message Edited by bragl123 on 03-28-2009 10:20 AM

Well, as you’re probably figuring out, anything added in MTP is invisible on MSC, and anything added in MSC is invisible in MTP. Auto-Defect* usually defaults to MTP. Are you using the Rhapsody subscription service? If so, you should just empty the player, switch to MTP and stay there. If you’re not using it, choose either MTP or MSC( I like MSC) and re-load everything in the one mode and stay there. Auto just adds confusion to the mix, as you’ve discovered :wink:

*Auto-Defect terminology reference courtesy of Tapeworm:stuck_out_tongue:

This would probably be a good time to format the player, as I haven’t done that before.  I understand that formatting will remove all video, photos and music from the player (even the default music and video originally loaded on it). 

No, I am using the free Rhapsody. I don’t understand why I don’t see these in the Rhapsody Library.  I would think the Library should be constant and on the Auto-MTP-MSC views on the Fuze would change then depending on what was loaded where on the Fuze.  But the Library has variances too.  Where is the Rapsody Library stored?  I tried to find the file, but haven’t yet.  It would be nice to get the Library standardized with all of the music on the fuze before formating.  

I like the Auto mode because it shows the photo-Video files on the fuze…the MSC does not.

Message Edited by bragl123 on 03-28-2009 10:48 AM

@bragl123 wrote:

This would probably be a good time to format the player, as I haven’t done that before.  I understand that formatting will remove all video, photos and music from the player (even the default music and video originally loaded on it). 

No, I am using the free Rhapsody. I don’t understand why I don’t see these in the Rhapsody Library.  I would think the Library should be constant and on the Auto-MTP-MSC views on the Fuze would change then depending on what was loaded where on the Fuze.  But the Library has variances too.  Where is the Rapsody Library stored?  I tried to find the file, but haven’t yet.  It would be nice to get the Library standardized with all of the music on the fuze before formating.  

I like the Auto mode because it shows the photo-Video files on the fuze…the MSC does not.

Message Edited by bragl123 on 03-28-2009 10:48 AM

I used to have photos and videos on my Fuze in MSC…the ones you have must have been loaded in Auto mode.

So, how do I make sure that whether in Rhapsody or in WMP, I have an all inclusive library regardless of how files are loaded on the fuze.  IOW, where do the library files in WMP and Rhapsody  reside in the computer file structure? 

@bragl123 wrote:
So, how do I make sure that whether in Rhapsody or in WMP, I have an all inclusive library regardless of how files are loaded on the fuze.  IOW, where do the library files in WMP and Rhapsody  reside in the computer file structure? 

To have them all in the same mode on the player, Pick a mode and stick to it. If youbuse Rhapsody thats probably MTP. If it only works in MSC on one computer, then you probably should update that system so that MTP will work (of course if its a MAC or Lunix it doesnt matter MSC is all that will work). 

@bragl123 wrote:

Since you’re using the free Rhapsody, you have to use MTP…so just start all over with everything in MTP. I missed that in my last post. As far as where everything is in your computer, that, I don’t know, never having used Rhapsody.

I don’t use Rhapsody, mainly WMP 11, but there is a service folder, I think it’s in MTP mode, that holds a Rhapsody folder.  Your files may be in there.  Also, concerning the double listing of songs, when I create a playlist that I can only do in MTP mode, the songs that I have already synched in MSC mode will appear a second time in the fuze’s song list.  If I delete one of the songs, it may be connected to the playlist and it’ll disappear from my playlist.

I got 50 free downloads from emusic.  Of course, they downloaded into an emusic folder.  They are on on the fuze.  Would it be better to move them to My Music (XP) to have them in all one place.  Then when I reformat, I know all of my songs are in the My Music file.

If I purchase any songs it will probably be through Rhapsody, but if it from another source and that source creates a folder, it appears it would be better to dowload to that folder and move them to the My Music folder before loading on the Fuze?   Correct?  I also downloaded the mp3 tag software mentioned in this forum.  I found that in my 3 music folders, I had to do repeats on the tagging.  Thanks for all of the info.  I hope someone can tell me where the Rhapsody “Library” file is located on my computer.  I know where the Rhapsody download file is, just not the file that shows up as the Rhapsody Library…unless it is a compalition of all of my music files. 

Message Edited by bragl123 on 03-28-2009 01:19 PM

@bragl123 wrote:

I got 50 free downloads from emusic.  Of course, they downloaded into an emusic folder.  They are on on the fuze.  Would it be better to move them to My Music (XP) to have them in all one place.  Then when I reformat, I know all of my songs are in the My Music file.

If I purchase any songs it will probably be through Rhapsody, but if it from another source and that source creates a folder, it appears it would be better to dowload to that folder and move them to the My Music folder before loading on the Fuze?   Correct?  I also downloaded the mp3 tag software mentioned in this forum.  I found that in my 3 music folders, I had to do repeats on the tagging.  Thanks for all of the info.  I hope someone can tell me where the Rhapsody “Library” file is located on my computer.

I have every song I own if not located in, atleast shortcuts to them in, “My Music” that way its only 1 or 2 clicks to get to the music.