Lost files on micro SD card

I have an 8gb Fuze with two 4gb microSD cards.  The last time I switched cards in the Fuze, all of the files on the card I inserted were gone.  Can’t see them on my computer when connected to the Fuze, either.  I use the Fuze in MSC mode.  This used to happen with my Sansa C240 also.  Any suggestions? 

No idea about the C240, but…

Are you sure it’s still in MSC mode? A firmware update would reset it to Auto Detect or MTP. 

When you look at the card, does it show the card as empty, with 3.x GB of space, or does the card not show? 

Yes, still in SMC mode.  And yes, the card shows as empty, with nearly 4 GB of space.

Can’t offer any explanation, then. The Fuze mostly messes with its internal storage and leaves the card alone.

You could put the card in a card reader, or even the Fuze in MSC mode, and connect to your computer and use one of the many free file-recovery programs you can find at places like download.com .It might be able to find files that were erased but not overwritten.

And maybe I shouldn’t ask this but…are you sure it was the same card? They all look alike to me. 

Thanks for the advice.  I tried file recovery, but it didn’t work.  It’s definitely the correct card.  I gave up and reloaded my music.

Hello,
Yes,  I also have a Micro SD 2GB  when I connect to the computer last night 22 June 11 and I add some songs on Micro SD after that when I get up and I was to play song and I see I didn’t update my music player after I update it I see it all 19 songs/videos and I be sad and when I wont to add more songs today 33 June it show u have 22.6MB free space 

The update changed your USB mode. Go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and try both MSC and MTP. The computer can only see one mode at a time.

This also happened to my sister yesterday. IDk what she did after few hours everything was fine. :wink:

@doughlas789 wrote:

This also happened to my sister yesterday. IDk what she did after few hours everything was fine. :wink:

If you don’t know, what exactly is the purpose or relevance of your post?

@tapeworm wrote:

@doughlas789 wrote:

If you don’t know, what exactly is the purpose or relevance of your post?

I dare say, there is none!