Losing Songs pictures, etc...

Twice now this has happened on my Fuze. The first time, I turned it on and it showed the “refreshing media” dialog, and everything was gone. I used it previously, so I know the songs were there after I disconnected it form the computer. The system info showed that there was only 3GB of the memory out of the 8GB free, 0 songs, 0 pictures, etc… I got it to the computer and reformatted the memory and put my songs back on. This was about a week ago and it has worked fine until today. This morning, I plugged in an SD card that had some songs on it and the Fuze showed the “refreshing media” dialog again. Now it only shows the songs on the SD card and again it’s showing that only 3GB of the 8FB is free. I’m positive this isn’t a sync issue with the PC. I don’t have it enabled and the songs were there after I unplugged it from the computer. Any ideas?

Thanks

Was some of the music, pics etc. still there when you connected it to your computer?

Message Edited by nmz502 on 06-23-2010 11:57 AM

Forgot to mention that I’m running version 2.03.33A.

No. The computer couldn’t see them either.

You’re “positive it isn’t a sync issue,” but are you using MTP mode? If you are, it might be worth switching to MSC mode to see if you can eliminate the problem.

The reason that I’m sure it isn’t a sync issue is that the first time it happened was after I had been using it. I used it, turned it off, a bit later I turned it on and it did the “refreshing media” deal and the songs were gone. Additionally, the space on the drive that the songs used was still showing up used.

Something new this morning, I went to turn it on and it showed the little splash screen and hung there. I finally got it to turn off. Turned in back on and the screen went flaky. I can’t really describe what it was doing. Anyway, I think I’m going to open it up and take a look inside.

When you disconnect it, do you use the “Unmount” (Linux) or “Safely Remove” (Windows) feature first?