Long pause during tracks VBR 192

My fuze doesn’t like my taste in music. I started using Media Monkey and so far it’s been a good little software pick. it can almost do everything I want with it but still some bugs that need to be worked out. But I encoded a music CD in the mp3 format at VBR 192 and it seems to give me a long pause during tracks when loaded into the fuze. It’s like the fuze has a 386 CPU and it’s trying to load a big audio file. Kind of annoying pause when I hit the next track button. It did this once with another CD I had in Flac format but a reencode to mp3 made it go away. Im using the most up to date Firmware 01.02.26 for my player. Is this a known bug?

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 06-25-2009 07:32 PM

@jarrycanada wrote:
My fuze doesn’t like my taste in music. I started using Media Monkey and so far it’s been a good little software pick. it can almost do everything I want with it but still some bugs that need to be worked out. But I encoded a music CD in the mp3 format at VBR 192 and it seems to give me a long pause during tracks when loaded into the fuze. It’s like the fuze has a 386 CPU and it’s trying to load a big audio file. Kind of annoying pause when I hit the next track button. It did this once with another CD I had in Flac format but a reencode to mp3 made it go away. Im using the most up to date Firmware 01.02.26 for my player. Is this a known bug?
Message Edited by jarrycanada on 06-25-2009 07:32 PM

I’m not aware of it. I have a bunch of music encoded that way and I haven’t noticed it. But I’m just one guy…:smiley:

I use Exact Audio Copy to encode tracks to 192 VBR, and have never had any problems.  Maybe it’s MM?

And it was, the drum roll please… The album art, it was too big. Some reason the fuze wasn’t liking the album art I was using so I photoshop the art work down to a smaller size and it stopped pausing the tracks in the player.

Some reason I was thinking it was the IDtags or Media Monkey encoding.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 06-26-2009 11:39 AM

I’m glad you got it fixed!

@jarrycanada wrote:

And it was, the drum roll please… The album art, it was too big. Some reason the fuze wasn’t liking the album art I was using so I photoshop the art work down to a smaller size and it stopped pausing the tracks in the player.

Some reason I was thinking it was the IDtags or Media Monkey encoding.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 06-26-2009 11:39 AM

How big were the pics?

The one I used was 641 KB but for some odd reason it didn’t play nicely.

the one I replaced it with is 8kbs.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 06-26-2009 06:58 PM

@jarrycanada wrote:

So maybe the processor was overwhelmed trying to resize the big pic?

Your guess is as good as mine.

@jarrycanada wrote:

That is a large picture.  Some of mine are 400x358 79.4kb and they work fine. 

for some reason I was thinking MM would cut the image down but I guess it wasn’t or maybe something odd was with that image I was using. but anyway I got it working fine now.  thanks to my photoshop work.

@jarrycanada wrote:
for some reason I was thinking MM would cut the image down but I guess it wasn’t or maybe something odd was with that image I was using. but anyway I got it working fine now.  thanks to my photoshop work.

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

That’s like using an atom bomb to kill a housefly.  There are plenty of easier solutions in resizing photos.  But if you are satisfied using it, that’s all that matters, I guess…

Ya I am sure there are easyer ways to do that but I am learning photoshop right now so if I want to get good at it I have to use it for everything. plus it has a really handie tool to resize images for the web, that’s what I used. doesn’t take that long really to do. it had taken me longer to type this then it did to resize those images.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 06-27-2009 02:13 PM