Long delay when swapping memory cards

@donp wrote:

ewelot wrote: 

Another useful (experts) option yet to be implemented would be to disable the tag based browsing and stick with folder navigation only. This way the database is not used and must not be refreshed at all and you would have instant access to your music files! I know that this is probably not the way most users prefer to select their music but could help others which might have a strong need for >10000 files. But I’m pretty sure that it is not me in the next few years …

Message Edited by ewelot on 06-17-2009 01:29 PM

Other potential solutions:

1. database refresh is manually launched at a time convenient to the user.  Meanwhile, user can still browse by folder, or use tag database without access to newly loaded files.
  1. database refresh occurs in background.  Meanwhile … (as above)

Another option would be to have the database for files on the card stored on the card (or stored on the player with separate files for each card).  Then as long as the card contents haven’t changed, you just swap and you’re good to go.  

I would be interested in any of these options, but can’t figure out how to implement them.  Disabling the tag-based browsing and sticking with folder navigation only, as donp suggested, would probably be the most appealing.  But as donp says, this apparently has yet to be implemented.

Message Edited by ron_marz on 06-17-2009 11:16 AM

Message Edited by ron_marz on 06-17-2009 11:20 AM