Listen music while charging

Hello,

I want listening music when the Fuze player is charging…

How can I do that ?

Is there a particular procedure?

A dock station does exist?

Or may be a simple connector / adapter?

Thank you for your help!

(I’m French, so please forgive my English)

You can get a USB wall charger. While it is connected to the wallcharger you will still be able to navigate on the menus of it and play music.

Hi, thank you for your fast answer!

When I connect the Fuze to my computer (by USB link) i can’t listen music…

Does it work if it’s connected to the wallcharger, and doesn’t work when it’s connected to the computer?

thank again

@ekoz wrote:

Hi, thank you for your fast answer!

When I connect the Fuze to my computer (by USB link) i can’t listen music…

Does it work if it’s connected to the wallcharger, and doesn’t work when it’s connected to the computer?

thank again

When it is connected to the computer, you wont be able to use the player. USB cables have 4 wires, 2 for power and 2 for data transport. If you use a wallcharger (which does not have data connection) you will be able to navigate the Sansa and play your music.

When it’s connected to your computer, you can play music on it through Windows Media Player, or any one of a number of different “media players” and hear ot through youyr computer speakers.

But you cannot listen through the headphones connected to the player. If you want to use headphones, most computer speakers have a headphone jack. You can plug into that for “silent running”. :wink:

When it’s connected to your computer, you can play music on it through Windows Media Player, or any one of a number of different “media players” and hear it through your computer speakers.

But you can not listen through the headphones if they are connected to the player. If you want to use headphones, most computer speakers have a headphone jack. You can plug into that for “silent running”.

In fact with a USB powered splitter that is not connected to a computer the player will not allow music to play through the headphone jack.  I tried that.  So a USB wall charger is the way to allow the unit to be powered and able to produce audio through the headphone jack.  I did that experiment to run USB powered speakers with the Fuze+ and use one power source, so sorry I needed two power sources. (The speakers worked of course but they have no beains they just need power.)

Ok, I will try with an usb wall charger when i get home.

I’ll tell you if it’s works :slight_smile:

thanks a lot !!

I tested with en usb wall charger, that i had at home.

And it didn’t work, it was charging but not able to listen music.

But there is an easy solution, I explain to those who have the same problem.

I just modified my wall adapter. In reality an usb link has 4 connectors :

And when electric current passes through the D- and D+ connector (on the middle, used for data),

The player thinks that he is connect to a computer, so it changes his mode, and listen music is impossible.

So, on my wall adapter, there is an USB female connector, and when i removed this 2 connector (D- D+), player

doesn’t recognize data. So it plays music because of the only two electric current connector :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s strange that there is electric current on this two connector (D+ D-) because when it’s connect to the wall,

we doesn’t send/receive data… but i don’t care cause now it works !!

Thank you for your help!

issue resolved

Here’s an easier solution than was suggested here. It works for me.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2101434_listen-sansa-charging.html

Happy listening…