Leaving Sansa fuze and Going to Zune HD

I still have my Fuze (V1) and like it. I have Rockbox on it and it does a pretty decent job of playing my 24-bit/96KHZ vinyl rips.

But the model is showing its age, and Sandisk really needs to come out with an upgrade or brand new model that has the following

-64 GB internal memory

-plays the new XC cards (imagine being able to stick a 1 TB mini-sd into that slot)

-plays 24-bit/96 KHZ Flac without any downconversion

One thing that I don’t think Sandisk management realizes (or even Apple or Microsoft for that matter) is that there is a growing audience that is dissatisfied with the cold quality of CDs and their corresponding16-bit rips. The first time I heard a high-quality vinyl ripped to 24-bit/96 KHZ, I was blown away, and I haven’t looked back since.

Vinyl is the fasting-growing physical media for music is 2010. But you can’t take your record albums and your Linn Turntable to the gym! And The Cloud, especially at 3G bandwidth levels, will not stream HD-music.

I realize that Sandisk is probably too busy right making millions selling their memory to Apple to think about the Fuze’s successor, but I do hope they can come out with a new model that will satisfy the growing audiophile market. 

Message Edited by databass on 06-18-2010 08:10 PM