Itunes to Sansa Fuze

How can I get my Itunes to load into the Sansa? WMP is easy, but I can’t figure out Itunes.

I got the same kinda of question.

How do I get my Sansa fuze to show up on itunes?

All you have to do is download this > http://download.cnet.com/iTunes-Agent/3000-2140_4-10793356.html

Install it. Put your Fuze on MSC mode. Go to preferences or set up a new device on the program, can’t remember wicth one, and Go through the setup for it. start putting songs in the playlist on itunes the program created, right click on the icon on the bottom right, By the clock NOT iTunes. It wont act like a ipod, but you’ll get the picture.

I tried to download this twice and something just isn’t working. It keeps giving me errors (did not intialize).

iTunes is made to work with those doPi players you may have heard about. The program linked looks like someone’s homemade workaround.

You’re probably better off using Windows Media Player (which the Sansa was designed to work with, like iTunes with iPod) with the Fuze in MTP mode (Settings/System Settings/USB Mode) or Media Monkey ( www.mediamonkey.com ) with the Fuze in MSC mode.

iTunes puts all your music in a folder somewhere (you can find where under Edit/Preferences/Advanced). Just point WMP or Media Monkey to that folder. 

And note: If your music is in Apple’s own formats, like .m4a or .aac, it is not going to play on the Fuze until you convert to mp3. You can do the conversion with iTunes.  .mp3 plays everywhere, of course.

Hey, just my suggestion. Works for me fine though.

This would be fantastic if i wasn’t using a Mac!!! T_T

Apple wants to lock you into using its dopI players. So you have to do some workarounds.

With a Mac, set the Sansa’s USB Mode (Settings/System Settings/USB Mode) to MSC. 

Go to the album you want to put on the Sansa. Open it in iTunes, highlight all the files, right-click on them and Create MP3 Version. 

You may also need to make the ID3 tags (labels in the files for Artist, Album, etc.)  more compatible with Sansa. Apple and Windows use different codes to display letters and numbers, so files tagged by the Mac may display weird characters on the Sansa. 

The free tagging software http://kid3.sourceforge.net/ can save tags in ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1, which is the format the Sansa likes. You can also change the track numbers with it. On an album with 10 tracks, iTunes tags them 1/10, 2/10, etc. Sansa reads those as 110, 210, etc. Kid3 can change them to 01, 02, 03, which the Sansa prefers. 

Then find the mp3s of the album and cut-and-paste them onto the Sansa. 

1 Like

Apple wants to lock you into using its dopI players. So you have to do some workarounds.

With a Mac, set the Sansa’s USB Mode (Settings/System Settings/USB Mode) to MSC. 

Go to the album you want to put on the Sansa. Open it in iTunes, highlight all the files, right-click on them and Create MP3 Version. 

You may also need to make the ID3 tags (labels in the files for Artist, Album, etc.)  more compatible with Sansa. Apple and Windows use different codes to display letters and numbers, so files tagged by the Mac may display weird characters on the Sansa. 

The free tagging software http://kid3.sourceforge.net/ can save tags in ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1, which is the format the Sansa likes. You can also change the track numbers with it. On an album with 10 tracks, iTunes tags them 1/10, 2/10, etc. Sansa reads those as 110, 210, etc. Kid3 can change them to 01, 02, 03, which the Sansa prefers. 

Then find the mp3s of the album and cut-and-paste them onto the Sansa. 

You can’t directly important the disk to iTunes. However, you can add music folder to iTunes.

@jbody wrote:
I tried to download this twice and something just isn’t working. It keeps giving me errors (did not intialize).

I sugges to give it a on iTunes Music Manager. It is a  great alterantive to iTuenes for music management such as download, organize, transfer and backup. It even work for Android devices. I found it recently and love it pretty much.

Some iTunes files can’t be loaded into Sansa because of the compatible issue. If you’d like to do that, please use another best Audio Converter to download and convert Apple Music, iTunes protected audiobooks, and music to Sansa supported files, like MP3.
After that, even you don’t use iTunes, you can also transfer all iTunes playlists and files to Sansa MP3 player. Hope this can help you well.