Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: Issue with my Fuze and Micro SD, please help :)

Bizzare indeed. I already bookmarked this topic to see how this will be resolvedSmiley Very Happy

By the way OP, when you load the same songs to internal memory sansa are they showing up?

Do you happen to have another MicroSD card that you can test with your fuze?

Highlighted

sorry for the delay replying but has been a crazy week...

Yes I am tranfering in MSC mode.

And yes it shows the title and that... about the version not so sure, I'll check and post.

Highlighted

Yes in internal memory are showing, well I just tried uploading a couple but yes they do show.

I don't have another MicroSD card, but I will see if I can borrow one Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I'm having a similar problem.  I just got a Fuze from woot.com.  It's probably a refurb, (though there is no indication of that on the device).  It is using latest firmware 2.03.33A.

Connects fine to my PC (Win XP), in both MTP and MSC mode, and I was able to load music, and even videos using the Sansa Media Converter utility, as well as with other 3rd party tools .  Seems to work great except for the following...

PROBLEM:  It does not seem to read the micro-SD card correctly.  When connect to the PC, the computer recognizes that a card was inserted, sort of, but isn't able to see the card correctly.  Cliking on the drive in explorer causes a prompt to insert a card.  Or, it seems to freeze up Explorer and any other programs related to disk or USB usage.  On the Fuze itself, inserting the card causes "Refreshing your Media" to occur, but  browsing the Folders in Music shows <Empty>.  However, in the system settings, it indicates that the card has 982 MB used in the system settings, which is the correct disk usage I see if I connect the card directly to the PC in a reader.

This happens with 2 different 1GB micro-SD cards (Kingston non-SDHC), which are otherwise readable in my PC's card reader, as well as in my Sansa E250. 

Regarding MP3 tag problems, I don't think that's it, because as I said the cards work and are recognized correctly when inserted in my Sansa e250.

Is this an indication of a fault card slot?  It's strange that the card is recognized and scanned, but files don't show up, even though the capacity is reported in the system settings.  Also when trying to access it from the computer, the presence of a drive is recognized, but it appears to the system as if a card is not inserted.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Sounds like the card slot doesn't work: yet another bad Woot refurb. Contact them. If you search Woot here you will see that they do not have the best track record.