Is there a cheap speaker/charger station for the fuze?

I’ve read some threads but most seemed to be over a year old. The sound does not have to be very good or anything as it’s for a 7 year old. Would love for it to be able to charge but not a deal breaker. Just need something for her to be able to listen to it in her room.

Is there something cheap out there?

Thanks!

I’m sorry, I think this should have been posted in the accessories. I apologize. If a mod could kindly move it, I’d appreciate it.

Since it hasn’t been moved, and maybe this can be moved with it.  here’s an idea.

I don’t know of any cheap one.  I do know of another idea.

You will need separate speakers and a charger.

Speaker : I have some "Fashion Speakers’ i got at walmart, they were $9.  They don’t take any batteries.  They’re not loud, but I’m okay with that.  In a small bedroom it works great.  Any store will have these types, they have the earbud jack and you plug into your Fuze in the earbud section.

Charger :  I just bought a wall charger that uses any USB cord and use the Fuze’s USB cord.

Both plugged in, charges and listen to at the same time.  You will need to remove the speaker cord/earbud cord first before the USB cord, but that’s not a problem. 

I also got a car USB carger with the wall charger.  My cell phone USB cord also fits into these as it’s just a generic item.

Message Edited by Dalaug234 on 10-23-2009 11:38 AM

I was thinking about this

http://cgi.ebay.com/9pc-SPEAKER-CHARGER-BUNDLE-FOR-SANDISK-SANSA-FUZE-MP3_W0QQitemZ390105992388QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item5ad4210cc4

For $14, I’m not expecting great sound but for a small kids room I though it would be nice plus the Fuze I bought didn’t come with a wall charger or car charger, plus the protective stuff should be helpful for a kid.

However, it say’s “You must have a USB charging cable (sold separately) in order to charge your MP3 player with this charger.”

What comes with the Fuze I bought is a “2.0 USB cable” which I don’t know if that means that is just for data transfer but I would imagine it also charges via the computer. What is a “charging cable” because he said the “2-In-1 USB Data Hotsync & Charging Cable” that is included in the auction ISN’T what I needed??? I’m confused

Message Edited by sj022698 on 10-23-2009 12:49 PM

Message Edited by sj022698 on 10-23-2009 12:49 PM

Bump.

Thanks!

@sj022698 wrote:

I was thinking about this

http://cgi.ebay.com/9pc-SPEAKER-CHARGER-BUNDLE-FOR-SANDISK-SANSA-FUZE-MP3_W0QQitemZ390105992388QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item5ad4210cc4

For $14, I’m not expecting great sound but for a small kids room I though it would be nice plus the Fuze I bought didn’t come with a wall charger or car charger, plus the protective stuff should be helpful for a kid.

However, it say’s “You must have a USB charging cable (sold separately) in order to charge your MP3 player with this charger.”

What comes with the Fuze I bought is a “2.0 USB cable” which I don’t know if that means that is just for data transfer but I would imagine it also charges via the computer. What is a “charging cable” because he said the “2-In-1 USB Data Hotsync & Charging Cable” that is included in the auction ISN’T what I needed??? I’m confused

You should be able to use the cable that came with your Fuze to plug into the bottom of the Fuze at one end and into the USB receptacle on the car charger with the other end.