Reply
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,265
Registered: ‎04-24-2009

Re: Is the BLACK 8Gb Fuze a V2 only?

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't trust the runtime estimation.  I'm not sure how well it works on the Fuze since we keep optimizing it.  

 

Edit:  I got 14:20 with SVN rockbox, and 16:20 with some newer code that hasn't gotten into SVN yet on my seldem used Fuze V1.  

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: Is the BLACK 8Gb Fuze a V2 only?

 


@mags1230 wrote:


 

The next thing to do on my list is attempting to install a couple of games, like Bubbles and Jewels....

 


I haven't even looked at any of that stuff....I just listen to mine.Smiley Happy

 

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: Is the BLACK 8Gb Fuze a V2 only?

[ Edited ]

 


@saratoga wrote:

I wouldn't trust the runtime estimation.  I'm not sure how well it works on the Fuze since we keep optimizing it.  

 

Edit:  I got 14:20 with SVN rockbox, and 16:20 with some newer code that hasn't gotten into SVN yet on mIy seldem used Fuze V1.  


 

I'm not terribly concerned with how accurate the runtime estimation  is, as I usually only use the Fuzes when I am home, and therefore near AC power.

 

I think a couple months back I was getting about 14.5 hours with the V1, and 14 hours 10 minutes  with my Clip+.....of course, that was many builds ago, and I can't find where I posted those numbers to be sure.

 

I'm going to try using the V1 at work next week, and see how it compares to my Clip+ battery life there.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,265
Registered: ‎04-24-2009

Re: Is the BLACK 8Gb Fuze a V2 only?

The Clip+ is better then the Fuze V1 in rockbox right now.  Partly because the Clip+ uses a newer processor thats a lot more efficient, and partly because we can't figure out where some of the power on the Fuze V1 is actually going so its a bit lower then it should be.  I think I got something like 17 hours on the clip+.

SanDisk Fanatic
Posts: 225
Registered: ‎04-04-2009

Re: Is the BLACK 8Gb Fuze a V2 only?

 


@saratoga wrote:

The Clip+ is better then the Fuze V1 in rockbox right now.  Partly because the Clip+ uses a newer processor thats a lot more efficient, and partly because we can't figure out where some of the power on the Fuze V1 is actually going so its a bit lower then it should be.  I think I got something like 17 hours on the clip+.


But then there's that damnable hum...

 

"Faith manages"
- jms
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: Is the BLACK 8Gb Fuze a V2 only?

[ Edited ]

 


@roj wrote:

 


@saratoga wrote:

The Clip+ is better then the Fuze V1 in rockbox right now.  Partly because the Clip+ uses a newer processor thats a lot more efficient, and partly because we can't figure out where some of the power on the Fuze V1 is actually going so its a bit lower then it should be.  I think I got something like 17 hours on the clip+.


But then there's that damnable hum...

 


Uh, what hum? I remember reading about some system noise people were hearing in the ClipV2, but there's no noise in the Clip+. Mine have been Rockboxed since late July, and I use at least one of them every day, and there's no noise.

 

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic
Posts: 225
Registered: ‎04-04-2009

Re: Is the BLACK 8Gb Fuze a V2 only?

 


@Marvin_Martian wrote:

 

Uh, what hum? I remember reading about some system noise people were hearing in the ClipV2, but there's no noise in the Clip+. Mine have been Rockboxed since late July, and I use at least one of them every day, and there's no noise.

 

What cans are you using?

 


 

"Faith manages"
- jms
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: Is the BLACK 8Gb Fuze a V2 only?

[ Edited ]

 


@roj wrote:

 


@Marvin_Martian wrote:

 

Uh, what hum? I remember reading about some system noise people were hearing in the ClipV2, but there's no noise in the Clip+. Mine have been Rockboxed since late July, and I use at least one of them every day, and there's no noise.

 

What cans are you using?

 


 


Grado SR60i, Koss KSC75, and JVC Flats, mostly.

 

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Fanatic
Posts: 225
Registered: ‎04-04-2009

Re: Is the BLACK 8Gb Fuze a V2 only?

Yup, you'd hear the hum if it was there. Smiley Happy

"Faith manages"
- jms