SanDisk Guru

Re: Is the BLACK 8Gb Fuze a V2 only?

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't trust the runtime estimation.  I'm not sure how well it works on the Fuze since we keep optimizing it.  

Edit:  I got 14:20 with SVN rockbox, and 16:20 with some newer code that hasn't gotten into SVN yet on my seldem used Fuze V1.  

SanDisk Guru

@mags1230 wrote:

The next thing to do on my list is attempting to install a couple of games, like Bubbles and Jewels....

I haven't even looked at any of that stuff....I just listen to mine.Smiley Happy

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@saratoga wrote:

I wouldn't trust the runtime estimation.  I'm not sure how well it works on the Fuze since we keep optimizing it.  

Edit:  I got 14:20 with SVN rockbox, and 16:20 with some newer code that hasn't gotten into SVN yet on mIy seldem used Fuze V1.  

I'm not terribly concerned with how accurate the runtime estimation  is, as I usually only use the Fuzes when I am home, and therefore near AC power.

I think a couple months back I was getting about 14.5 hours with the V1, and 14 hours 10 minutes  with my Clip+.....of course, that was many builds ago, and I can't find where I posted those numbers to be sure.

I'm going to try using the V1 at work next week, and see how it compares to my Clip+ battery life there.

2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

The Clip+ is better then the Fuze V1 in rockbox right now.  Partly because the Clip+ uses a newer processor thats a lot more efficient, and partly because we can't figure out where some of the power on the Fuze V1 is actually going so its a bit lower then it should be.  I think I got something like 17 hours on the clip+.

SanDisk Fanatic

@saratoga wrote:

The Clip+ is better then the Fuze V1 in rockbox right now.  Partly because the Clip+ uses a newer processor thats a lot more efficient, and partly because we can't figure out where some of the power on the Fuze V1 is actually going so its a bit lower then it should be.  I think I got something like 17 hours on the clip+.

But then there's that damnable hum...

"Faith manages"
- jms
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@roj wrote:

@saratoga wrote:

But then there's that damnable hum...

Uh, what hum? I remember reading about some system noise people were hearing in the ClipV2, but there's no noise in the Clip+. Mine have been Rockboxed since late July, and I use at least one of them every day, and there's no noise.

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

Uh, what hum? I remember reading about some system noise people were hearing in the ClipV2, but there's no noise in the Clip+. Mine have been Rockboxed since late July, and I use at least one of them every day, and there's no noise.

What cans are you using?

"Faith manages"
- jms
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@roj wrote:

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

What cans are you using?

Grado SR60i, Koss KSC75, and JVC Flats, mostly.

SanDisk Fanatic

Yup, you'd hear the hum if it was there. Smiley Happy

"Faith manages"
- jms