Highlighted
SanDisk User

Is it worth to replace the Fuze stock ear phones with expensive ones?

I'm planning to get the Fuze in the next couple weeks and was wondering if it was worth to replace the stock earphones that come with the Fuze?

I would like to use the Fuze for jogging on the treadmill, and I listen to hip-hop, trance, techno Smiley Happy

If it's worth replacing, what are some good earphones?  My price range would be < $50

Black Sansa Fuze 8GB + 2GB MicroSDHC
SoundMagic PL-30 Earphones
Highlighted

Re: Is it worth to replace the Fuze stock ear phones with expensive ones?

[ Edited ]

I've replaced them before I had the fuze, I prefer the Sennheiser PMX 200, it is expensive, but it doesn't leak any sound and it sounds better than all other headphones.

The stock headphones from a sony walkman are (in my case) better than the stock ones from the fuze. (whitch I find a bit weak in sound quality, and fitting)

In your case, I would try to find a skullcandy or maybe a Sennheiser PMX 60 (whitch I've used a long time) Or, (I live in Holland

and therefore I don't know any $ prices) maybe an PMX 100/200 from an internet shop?

Rik

Message Edited by Rikcey on 11-18-2008 10:47 AM
Don't mind my grammar, I'm Dutch, I'm Sorry if it bothers you, I can't help it from beïng silly!!
Thank you!!

Uses Fuze 8GB and a Sennheiser PMX200
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@codeformoney wrote:

I'm planning to get the Fuze in the next couple weeks and was wondering if it was worth to replace the stock earphones that come with the Fuze?

I would like to use the Fuze for jogging on the treadmill, and I listen to hip-hop, trance, techno Smiley Happy

If it's worth replacing, what are some good earphones?  My price range would be < $50

Absolutely, YES!

I personally go for the High-Quality Sony In-Ear Buds that go for about $40.00 USD.

They are the model with the widest frequency response.

Sorry, I don't remember the model number off the top of my head.

Ultimate Ears are another high-quality option more akin to the high-end Bose type.

www.ultimateears.com

Highlighted

I replaced the stock earbuds with the sennheiser cx300 in-ear buds for 30€. They sound great to me, much better thant the stock ones.

Sansa Fuze 4GB, 8GB µSD card,
Sennheiser HD 212 Pro, Sennheiser CX 300.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Yes! V-moda Vibes are nice. But most mid-price (and up) in-ears would be an improvement... IMHO
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

Yes I like the Sony's also!  tmarkoski, X2 ! I believe the Sony Model # is MDR-EX55LP sold in Walmart for $39.99 and well worth the little money..  Sony does not list them on there web site for some reason. The wife has a pair also and also loves them..

Frequency Response---- 6-23,000Hz

Sensitivity--------------100 db/mw

Message Edited by George-W on 11-18-2008 10:43 AM
*His* 8GB Silver Fuze v01.02.31A also 8GB MicroSDHC card installed *Hers* 4GB red Fuze with 16GB micro SDHC card! Firmware v01.02.31A still installed. Acquired another 8GB Fuze also with firmware v01.02.31A now..
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Almost any upgrade will be worth it, expensive or not.  In the budget range, the JVC Air Cushions are extremely good for the money (around $30) and are a major upgrade over the stock buds.

Highlighted

Oh yes!  The stock ones really really sound baaad.   Happy with my Sennheiser CX-300 earbuds, HD-202 as well (although I get this constant tik-tik sound (this has been covered in other threads as well) with them if the plug is pushed too far, but I can work around this).

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

I don't know why MP3 player companies even bother to include junk earbuds with their products, but nearly all of them do. Its like buying a performance car with tiny wheels.

I have two that get the most use - Sennheiser PX-100 and Sony MDR-EX51.

The Sennheiser is a small set of headphones, and I think those provide much better sound (for the price) than tiny earbuds. It does let in some outside noise. The PX-200 model is similar, but more enclosed. The Sony is an in-ear bud (you push it down into your ear canal) that blocks a lot of outside noise, and that is useful in noisy places like airplanes and in the city.

Pretty much all of the very high-quality earbuds are in-ear (which is why I went with headphones). Some people use in-ear buds exclusively, but I don't like being that cut off from the world around me; I nearly missed a flight one time because I was wearing those (they changed the gate and I couldn't hear the announcement)!

The upside of using stock earbuds is that you don't have to encode your music at good quality, because everything is going to sound bad anyway! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Earbuds have to be included for the "Out of box"  experience.  No fun getting a gift that you cant try right away.