Is everybodys' Sansa Fuze working fine? Mine is not...

This is my 2nd day with the Sansa Fuze and I get this headphone jack problem.  A slight touch to the bottom right of the Fuze or the headphone jack will cause it to make this clicking noise that cancels out the music.

I was wondering if I should return the Fuze and get different mp3 player or exchange for different Fuze.

This is fustrating because now I have to take off the invisibleSHIELD and return it.

For those of you that have a working Fuze, do you plug/unplug the headphone adapter often?

Hello,

@codeformoney wrote:

This is my 2nd day with the Sansa Fuze and I get this headphone jack problem.  A slight touch to the bottom right of the Fuze or the headphone jack will cause it to make this clicking noise that cancels out the music.

I was wondering if I should return the Fuze and get different mp3 player or exchange for different Fuze.

This is fustrating because now I have to take off the invisibleSHIELD and return it.

For those of you that have a working Fuze, do you plug/unplug the headphone adapter often?

I use my fuze for some days now and did not have any problems with the headphone jack. BUT you tell something about a ticking sound.

Maybe you just leave the fuze playing without touching it and wait until the screen gets blank. Is that the time when “ticking” starts? Are you playing VBR-MP3s?

Try the following: Set the “Music EQ” to any other value than “Standard”. Do you still have the problem?

Best regards,

Ciao banty

A common problem is that the headphone jack is very tight at first, which can make it seem like the plug is fully inserted, when in fact it’s not.  This happened to me and many other people.  Make sure the plug is fully inserted (might take a bit of force the first time).  After a few weeks the jack loosens up to a normal level.

My EQ is set to CUSTOM, and I tried different values, still makes that clicking noise.

My headphone plug is push in all the way too :frowning:

I also tried other headphones and got the same issue.

Mine does that too if I insert my headphones (Sennheiser HD202) too hard (or if I push the jack sideways).  Other headphones don’t do it (my CX300 never do).  It has been reported in other threads as well.  It seems that depending on the headphone jack’s exact shape, it can cause a short or something.  It won’t get better, but it will be fine with other headphones (yeah, that helps you right!)…  I’ve seen a thread here where he added a ring of tape on the headphone jack to (electrically) insulate it…

Too bad because it makes the Fuze look cheap and probably doesn’t help sales, since you’re likely to come across the issue if you look it up on the web, or ask a friend to show you his/her Fuze…