Ideas...

Is there a thread somewhere or another forum for suggestions for Firmwire updates? I have a couple of Ideas… Like a sound on the Hello and goodbye screens (the way I listen it would be handy not to have to see the screen to know it turns off). This might be a hardware issue but how about am radio compatability (i need to hear my sports talk)… And as someone else mentioned ability to display lyrics.  Let me know where I can take this stuff so I dont clutter up the boards.

Perhaps a sticky for firmware suggestions?

There is a “Product Feature Suggestion” board way down at the bottom of the front page, would that work?:smiley:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 12-12-2008 12:09 AM

Im kinda with Pik I think a sticky would be good.

It would also be useful to have a list of all the features/fixes that sansafix has said will be in future firmware versions. I guess a sticky would be good, although a wiki page might be easier, so that anyone could edit it rather than just the original poster.

All your suggestions except the Hello & Goodbye beep/sound has already been brought up before, and yes you are supposed to use the Product Features Suggestions  board for suggestions and ideas for product enhancement; hence the name. :wink:

@conversionbox wrote:
Is there a thread somewhere or another forum for suggestions for Firmwire updates? I have a couple of Ideas… Like a sound on the Hello and goodbye screens (the way I listen it would be handy not to have to see the screen to know it turns off). This might be a hardware issue but how about am radio compatability (i need to hear my sports talk)… And as someone else mentioned ability to display lyrics.  Let me know where I can take this stuff so I dont clutter up the boards.

All your suggestions except the Hello & Goodbye beep/sound has already been brought up before, and yes you are supposed to use the Product Features Suggestions  board for suggestions and ideas for product enhancement; hence the name. :wink:

An AM radio is not possible in a player this size due to the type of antenna it requires.

Lyrics probably would require more RAM memory. There are already enough demands on that now, so I wouldn’t be too optimistic on this one.

@pelago wrote:
It would also be useful to have a list of all the features/fixes that sansafix has said will be in future firmware versions. I guess a sticky would be good, although a wiki page might be easier, so that anyone could edit it rather than just the original poster.

This would be the ‘changelog’ and it’s included in all firmware update sticky posts.

• Enhancements
  • Bugs Fixed
  • Known Issues (means problems till exist; they’re being worked on)

You can’t hold someone’s feet to the fire on what they say ‘might’ or ‘will’ happen in the next or future f/w updates. Somtimes things go awry and more time is needed to work out problems.

Besides, they’ve got to leave some things for the SURPRISE factor! :smileyvery-happy: