I feel silly for asking this (microSD question)

but how do I actually put files on my microSD card and NOT on the internal memory of the Fuze itself?

I’m sure it’s something incredibly simple and I feel like an ■■■■■ for asking this, but I’ve looked through user guides, numerous other sources, and this board and can’t seem to find out.

Help? Please?

If you are under windows and your player is in MSC mode (see the settings), you should see 2 drives letters when you plug the device. THe first is for the internal memory, the second is for the µSD card.

And I must add, that in MSC mode that if you start accumulating a quanity of micro SD cards like myself; you may want to change the volume label of each of your cards.  That way as the micro SD card is displayed you can tell at a glance, which card is presently in your fuze.  I just use a simple and straightforward approach; e.g. SD_1, SD_2, SD_3 and so on.  It sure makes identifying the various cards I have a whole lot easier.

thank you two very much! that is exactly what i needed to know!

While what cosmocat said is true, and fuze_owner-GB suggested is a good idea, they both stopped a little short. Once you’ve recognized the card on your computer, you can drag & drop files to it (it helps to create the same folder structure manually, like MUSIC or AUDIOBOOKS), or if you’re a WMP slave and want it to ‘sync’ files on your computer to your card, you have to select the card from the drop-down list in WMP of devices to sync to.

If you prefer to operate in MTP, you can still drag & drop files to the card, but it will be identified in Windows Explorer a little differently. It won’t have it’s own drive letter as is MSC mode, which allows your computer to see it as just another flash storage device. In MTP mode, your Fuze will show up under Other. If you double-click on it, you’ll see 2 icons, the Internal Memory & External uSD Card. Double-clicking on the card, you can then create a new MUSIC folder to put your music files in or you can simply place the music files there directly.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:
And I must add, that in MSC mode that if you start accumulating a quanity of micro SD cards like myself; you may want to change the volume label of each of your cards.  That way as the micro SD card is displayed you can tell at a glance, which card is presently in your fuze.  I just use a simple and straightforward approach; e.g. SD_1, SD_2, SD_3 and so on.  It sure makes identifying the various cards I have a whole lot easier.

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I wanted to ask before I messed something up.  How do I change the volume label?