I/O Device Error?

Hi everyone,

I got a brand new Fuze 4Gb and I cannot use it.  WMP 11 sees it but cannot sync (I have these errors : “It is not possible to change sync settings at this time. Try again later.” happens when I click the “Sync” tab in WMP and “Windows Media Player encountered a problem while synchronizing the file to the device. For additional assistance, click Web Help.” happens when I click the “Start Sync” button when I’m ready to transfer a file.) and it’s impossible to drag and drop files in Windows explorer (I have the “Cannot Copy XX Song - Artist: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device” error.)  I tried everything from reformat to trying every available USB Mode with no success.  I tried different software : none of them can synchronize with my Fuze.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Message Edited by electrovik on 06-23-2008 03:19 PM

I made some additional tests to see if the player was able to read something at all.

I forgot to mention in my preceeding post that I managed to put files on the player last week and when I tried to listen to them, it would only play the first second or so and stop.  After that I couldn’t hear anything else.

I tested the record function : I recorded my voice but couldn’t play the file.  I also recorded the radio and could’t hear a sound!!!

What’s wrong with my player??

Thanks!

In most cases an I/O error is an instant death of the player. Did you try different computers to make sure (srry if u posted that above, i’m kinda tired and the memory is fragging out). If you did try different computers, call Sandisk tech support and they’ll RMA it. If u didn’t try another computer, give that a shot, then if it failes, follow the previous

I did try different computers with the same result.  I think I will bring it back to the store…

Is there any other options?

Thanks!

Yes, you could try connecting manually in MSC mode and see if you can reload the firmware, as a reflash can often restore normal operation.

It’s curious that the recording function on the device is having issues as well, pointing to a device problem.

In either case, a replacement unit is a safe option.

Bob  :cry:

i got a new rig recently,

processor: amd 245
ram: ddr3 2gb
m/b: gigabyte ma74gmt-s2
software: windows 7 ultimate

problem is whenever i copy or cut big files from sandisk blade, cruzer or micro thumb drive, it will take quite a while before it began & when it began to transfer system hang at the transfering windows and after sometime the i/o device error message came out together with error number 0x8007045d. in short cannot tranfer big file.
i got no problem transfering big files from other pc running either on windows vista or xp.
is it due to windows 7 or hardware compatibility?

please help

quintesson wrote:

problem is whenever i copy or cut big files from sandisk blade, cruzer or micro thumb drive , it will take quite a while before it began & when it began to transfer system hang at the transfering windows and after sometime the i/o device error message came out together with error number 0x8007045d. in short cannot tranfer big file.
i got no problem transfering big files from other pc running either on windows vista or xp.
is it due to windows 7 or hardware compatibility?

You may want to ask this over at the other SanDisk forum. This one is geared toward their Sansa line of mp3 players.

sorry, wrongly post.