How would I install an old firmware? The volume is too low!

I bought a Fuze about 2 months ago, very happy with it when I bought it. It had Firmware 1.00000000000000001 or something on it (an old one anyway). I installed the new firmware 1.02.3F.

The first thing I noticed: max volume has gone down. MASSIVELY. :cry:

Its way too quiet now, too quiet for car or train journeys. I dont understand why there isnt more discussion about this, its criminal. The removed EU ruining everyones fun with their removed legislation.

So anyway, does anyone know where I could find an old firmware that doesnt have the volume cap, and how to install it? This would make me one happy bunny. :smileyvery-happy:

P.S DONT tell me to buy better headphones, I already have!!! 

This is a forum for use by people of all ages. Please remember to keep your comments clean when posting

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 04-30-2010 10:35 AM

You don’t need to install an old Firmware. Just reset to factory settings and set the region to “rest of the world”, then you get a “volume” option in system settings which you can set to high.

songsforthedeaf wrote:

I bought a Fuze about 2 months ago, very happy with it when I bought it. It had Firmware 1.00000000000000001 or something on it (an old one anyway). I installed the new firmware 1.02.3F.

Its way too quiet now, too quiet for car or train journeys. I dont understand why there isnt more discussion about this, its criminal. The <removed> EU ruining everyones fun with their <removed> legislation.

So anyway, does anyone know where I could find an old firmware that doesnt have the volume cap, and how to install it? This would make me one happy bunny. :smileyvery-happy:

Easy there, Trigger! :dizzy_face:

This is a G-Rated forum. There’s no sense in cussing out the EU here; they won’t see it. Besides, there’s a simple way around it, as has already been suggested to you.

More discussion? Are you kidding? Did you look around? There’s only about 5 threads on this issue floating around. That’s about 4 too many. Using the Search function, it would’ve taken you all of approx. 5 secs. to find one, another 15 secs. to finid and read the solution, and maybe a minute to power up the device and intiate the fix.

2 minutes total time investment . . . less time than it took to register and compose your post.

songsforthedeaf wrote:

Its way too quiet now, too quiet for car or train journeys. I dont understand why there isnt more discussion about this, its criminal. The <removed> EU ruining everyones fun with their <removed> legislation.

Easy there, Trigger! :dizzy_face:

This is a G-Rated forum. There’s no sense in cussing out the EU here; they won’t see it. Besides, there’s a simple way around it, as has already been suggested to you.

More discussion? Are you kidding? Did you look around? There’s only about 5 threads on this issue floating around. That’s about 4 too many. Using the Search function, it would’ve taken you all of 15 secs. to find one, another 30 secs. to find and read the solution, and maybe a minute to power up the device and intiate the fix.

2 minutes total time investment . . . less time than it took to register and compose your rant post. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay fair point, but when I did a search it came up with loads of carp that wasn’t relevant. It surprised me I guessed it would be everywhere. Problem with the search function maybe, or me not trying hard enough. Thanks to earthcrosser for the solution

I wasn’t really expecting Herman van Rompuy to read this, just making the point that its a terrible piece of legislation lobbied in by health concern groups and people who say ‘think of the children’ without irony. I heard there was a court case aswell, someone with damaged hearing suing somebody. Its like the guy who sued Mcdonalds because their wasn’t a warning on his coffee cup that the contents was hot. What a load of horse manure.

Whats a G-rated forum? Sounds kind of kinky…

songsforthedeaf wrote:

Okay fair point, but when I did a search it came up with loads of carp that wasn’t relevant. It surprised me I guessed it would be everywhere. Problem with the search function maybe, or me not trying hard enough.

I didn’t know this had changed to The Fishing Forum. :smileyvery-happy:

The Search function is great, but key words are, well . . . key to finding what you’re looking for. If you had typed in “low volume and firmware update” in the Search box, the very top (#1) result would have given you your answer. :wink:

songsforthedeaf wrote:
Okay fair point, but when I did a search it came up with loads of carp that wasn't relevant. It surprised me I guessed it would be everywhere. Problem with the search function maybe, or me not trying hard enough.

A load of carp? I didn't know this had changed to The Fishing Forum. :smileyvery-happy:

The Search function is great, but key words are, well . . . key to finding what you're looking for. If you had typed in "low volume and firmware update" in the Search box, the very top (#1) result would have given you your solution.

Now that's a fine kettle of fish indeed! :wink: