How to recalibrate battery and possibly buy a replacement battery

I have a sansa fuze v2 (purchased it refurbushed a few months ago). The battery seem to need to be recalibrated, When fully charged, the battery drops from 100% to 10% in about 15-20 minutes, but then takes around 15+ hours to drop to 0%

Is this an issue with calibration, or does the battery need to be replaced.

if a replacement is neede, does sandisk sell replacement batteries?

I have no issues with desoldering and soldering.

@razor512 wrote:

I have a sansa fuze v2 (purchased it refurbushed a few months ago). The battery seem to need to be recalibrated, When fully charged, the battery drops from 100% to 10% in about 15-20 minuted, but then takes around 15+ hours to drop to 0%

Is this an issue with calibration, or does the battery need to be replaced.

I’d calibrate it by running it down to nothing and re-charging completely a time or two.

if a replacement is neede, does sandisk sell replacement batteries?

No. But you might be able to locate one through a specialized battery dealer.

The hardest part is prying the case apart without scratching, breaking or damaging it.

1 Like

tried the running the battery down completely a few times (generally with the way it is, you cant really tell when it is going to due since it can stay at any of the remaining percentages for hours at a time)

Are you letting it run until it shuts off by itself?

yep, I leave it playing music non stop until it shuts off. I can usually leave it on over night, wake up in the morning and it will still be playing music, then head to class and come back at like 4PM and it will still be playing music.

it will eventually turn off by it’s self

Well, at least it seems you are getting good battery life (+/- 14-18 hrs.). Sorry, I don’t know of a better way to re-calculate the meter or the icon other than letting it run down as you have been and then re-charging it.

You could try manually re-applying the firmware. I don’t know if that would help or not, but it couldn’t hurt.

Well, at least it seems you are getting good battery life (+/- 14-18 hrs.), so it doesn’t seem as though the battery is bad. Sorry, I don’t know of a better way to re-calculate the meter or the icon other than letting it run down as you have been and then re-charging it.

You could try manually re-applying the firmware. I don’t know if that would help or not, but it couldn’t hurt.

@tapeworm wrote:

@razor512 wrote:

The hardest part is prying the case apart without scratching, breaking or damaging it.

…And pluggin the thumbwheel back in.

Hi, I have done the battery calibration, took it to Best Buy where I purchased it, warrenty was out. They said I need a new battery, and they don’t sell them.  So can I buy one from you? Or is it cheaper to buy a new one?  Help me please. Bernadine

SanDisk doesn’t sell replacement batteries as the player is not designed for the battery to be replaced by the user. You can find them from specialty battery distributors, but unless you feel confident in de-soldering and soldering very small wires and prying apart the case (and putting it back together) without damaging it, it’s better just to buy a new player.

The SanDIsk warranty is a full year. Best Buy probably only has its own 30 day or 90 day guarantee. Call 1-866-SANDISK if it’s less than a year old