How do you know if your fuze is in MSC or MTP and how do you know which to use with a Vista?

This is my very first mp3 and I know nothing.  I cannot seem to find anything in the manual regarding the codes MSC and MTP.   I want to download music and audio books but don’t know which to use? 

I think one of the downloads said,  “make sure your player isn’t in MSC mode?”  I forget the exact words. 

How would I know if the sansa fuze is in msa or mtp mode?  What is MSC?

I am an older person and have no idea what these codes are for or how to know how to change them.

I would appreciate any help you can give.  Thanks in advance.

Anne

anne,

I am in the same boat as you. I am older & have no knowledge of these devices !  I did find that if you go to SETTINGS from the main menu, then choose SYSTEM SETTINGS, scroll down to USB MODE and Click on that and it will show three ‘modes’. However, Im not sure when to use them or not !!  I set it at MSC but right now Im ready to send this back and get an IPOD which everyone tells me I shouldve gotten to begin with !!!  I have some albums on my FUZE but they are sounding like a skipping record …who knows why !

On the Fuze, you can set it to MTP mode under System Settings->USB Mode, but on Vista it should default to that anyway.

See this post in the Clip forum for details of MSC versus MTP and why you would pick one or the other.

Thank you, Nikkona

Anne

Thank you bdb

Anne

Thank you Skinjob,

I went to the link and the information there is very helpful.

Going to have to put a link to this site in my favorites.

Anne

To Anne and Nikkona: Make that boat bigger 'cause I’m joining you! I’m in my sixties and want to listen to the NPR shows in podcast form (NO NPR radio shows near us), but the Fuze and I just can’t seem to be in the same place! Maybe someone will write a manual and sell it to Sansa so that THEY won’t receive so many emails from their customers. This forum is great and I do appreciate all the help, but sometimes I wish I knew how to do things on my own.

Sara

The link you offered is for the Sansa Clip. Do you know if most of the tips and tricks for the Clip also work for the Fuze? Thanks. SARA

@sarainelkins wrote:
The link you offered is for the Sansa Clip. Do you know if most of the tips and tricks for the Clip also work for the Fuze? Thanks. SARA

Yes, the Clip and Fuze are almost identical in features and pretty much everything that works on the Clip will also work on the Fuze.  Obviously, there are some Fuze specific features (video, album art, docking) that don’t apply to the Clip.  But in general they are basically the same (I have both, BTW).

It’s definitely a good idea to search both the Clip and Fuze forums when looking for an answer as most concepts apply to both.