How do i get Itunes music videos onto my fuze?

I bought a music video off itunes and i’ve been trying to get it onto my fuze. i tried saving it as a file and then converting it in the sansa media converter. it converted it but it kept saying something about the file being unauthorized and it could only be played in itunes. i put it on my mp3 player, but when i played it the screen was just blank and a greyish color, and there was no sound. what’s going on? how do you put itunes music videos on your mp3 player?

@faith33 wrote:
I bought a music video off itunes and i’ve been trying to get it onto my fuze. i tried saving it as a file and then converting it in the sansa media converter. it converted it but it kept saying something about the file being unauthorized and it could only be played in itunes. i put it on my mp3 player, but when i played it the screen was just blank and a greyish color, and there was no sound. what’s going on? how do you put itunes music videos on your mp3 player?

Read this thread,   I believe you have to convert the itunes mp4 file to an acceptable AVI file then use SMC to do the final convert to the Fuze

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=10366&query.id=145693#M10366

Hope this helps,

Cheers

@niko_sama wrote:

@faith33 wrote:

Read this thread,   I believe you have to convert the itunes mp4 file to an acceptable AVI file then use SMC to do the final convert to the Fuze

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=10366&query.id=145693#M10366

Hope this helps,

Cheers

To be real honest… If you can get it to convert it to a usable file you are one of the lucky ones. Odds are you will be dealing with a DRM crippled file. Sorry.

so most of the time they are protected files and won’t convert?

@faith33 wrote:

… and you expect anything else from Apple? Was it Tuesdays shower or Mondays that you came down in?

I am actually surprised iPods don’t have a patent and DRM protected earphone connection.

Apple’s internal motto: If you are not screwing the customer over then you are not trying hard enough.

Message Edited by hazza on 02-04-2009 08:23 AM

@faith33 wrote:

They protect the files so people won’t copy them onto multiply players…    

I’m not sure your options,  but there is always a way if you want to dig into it.

There are a number of programs said to un protect DRM protected videos/audio.   DRMBuster is one such program.  Search Google for something like “drm removal tools”  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=drm+removal+tools

Some of these companies have trial versions,   maybe you might find a free version,   but i think most are not free.

Once the itune videos are unprotected then you can try converting them to an AVI file and transfering them to the fuze with SMC.

It can be done, but takes time and patience.

Cheers

@faith33 wrote:

For Joe Schmo No. There are ways to get them and Niko eluded to the easiest ones. The problem with some of those is that they could ruin your video if the DRM is part of the video channel itself. Make a copy of the file if you can, on to your hard drive and then test some of the programs that Niko suggested and see if any of them work for you.

@niko_sama wrote:

@faith33 wrote:

They protect the files so people won’t copy them onto multiply players…    

<–Snip–>

Cheers

Niko. They dont DRM protect so you cant put them on multiple players, in fact they dont care if you own a dozen iPods you can put the videos on all of them, what they dont want is you to do a few things. First is to make copys of the file and sell them. Second, they dont want you to use a player not an iPod. 

@conversionbox wrote:

Niko. They dont DRM protect so you cant put them on multiple players, in fact they dont care if you own a dozen iPods you can put the videos on all of them, what they dont want is you to do a few things. First is to make copys of the file and sell them. Second, they dont want you to use a player not an iPod. 

I don’t believe Apple makes money implementing DRM.     I’m sure they have to due to contracts with the big music companies that allow the sale of the music through itunes.   Apple could care less about DRM.      I think .     I’m pretty sure.    I could be wrong.   And the musics publishers do care if you put it on multiple units.   they don’t want you filling up your friends player etc.    The average Joe doesn’t go and sell music.   DRM never stops thiefs from selling stuff if they want too.    But the Average Joe can and would share it with his dorm buddies,  his family,  his friends without thinking about it.   DRM probably stops this ,   not someone selling it at a flea market.  lol

just my 2 sents.   I could be wrong.   but who cares :P    I will never buy DRM content.

@niko_sama wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

I don’t believe Apple makes money implementing DRM.     I’m sure they have to due to contracts with the big music companies that allow the sale of the music through itunes.   Apple could care less about DRM.      I think .     I’m pretty sure.    I could be wrong.   And the musics publishers do care if you put it on multiple units.   they don’t want you filling up your friends player etc.    The average Joe doesn’t go and sell music.   DRM never stops thiefs from selling stuff if they want too.    But the Average Joe can and would share it with his dorm buddies,  his family,  his friends without thinking about it.   DRM probably stops this ,   not someone selling it at a flea market.  lol

just my 2 sents.   I could be wrong.   but who cares :P    I will never buy DRM content.

Thats what most would think. I thought like that until I got hit with a law suit from the RIAA, and CRIA. Reasoning is not something they use. IF YOU OWN 2 UNITS you can put files on both, but the second you give it to a friend, you are in violation of the law. Also record labels and movie studios pay big bucks to Apple to put a DRM in place. The sales aspect is more in the movie industry, sellin bootleg DVDs of movies that were relesed on itunes early as an exclusive. I actually got my name Conversion Box because I have always had a nack for working around DRMs and the like. I dont mind buying DRM content as long as its not iTunes DRM. The Day Podcasts are DRM I will blow a Gasket.