How do I get album art to sansa when using FLAC

@fixit5561 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am archiving my CD collection on my pc and am using EAC to do it. I was wondering, when I drag and drop my FLAC albums onto the Sansa Fuze the album art is not there. How do I configure EAC so that it will bring over the album art also when I rip rhe CD to my HD?

Thanks

Brian

Good choice on using EAC & FLAC.  Just make sure the album art file is called “folder.jpg” and drop it in the album folder on the Fuze.  This works for all codec types (mp3, Ogg vorbis, etc) and is not specific to FLAC.

One more thing since you’re using EAC: if you haven’t already discovered it, you might want to check out REACT (specifically SyntheticSoul’s mod).  It’s a tool used in conjunction with EAC that allows you to customize and automate the entire ripping process.  For example, I use it to rip the CD to FLAC, select and download the album art, embed the art and create a “folder.jpg”, and finally apply album and track ReplayGain, all in one shot.  Another use would be to rip to multiple formats at once.  It’s really powerful, but requires a bit of work to get configured.