Help with playing music

I just bought a Fuze, and I am rather frustrated. But the current issue: it will not play music that I have added.

I copied an album (ripped .wav lossless by Windows Media Player 11) to the Internal Memory - music location. The album is there just fine, but when I drill down through Play Music to play it, my Fuze just endlessly cycles through the songlist. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong, I can’t get through to tech support, and the manual doesn’t address this problem. Any suggestions?

My first thought is, if you want lossless, use flac, as the files are smaller, which=more music on your player, and I know the Fuze will play them.

As to why the current files won’t work, ripping direct to the player could be the issue, but I don’t know.

Try moving them off the player to your hard drive, then back.  You could even format the Fuze once your music is safe on the HD, just to be sure it’s clean.

@bigredcousin wrote:

I just bought a Fuze, and I am rather frustrated. But the current issue: it will not play music that I have added.

I copied an album (ripped .wav lossless by Windows Media Player 11) to the Internal Memory - music location. The album is there just fine, but when I drill down through Play Music to play it, my Fuze just endlessly cycles through the songlist. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong, I can’t get through to tech support, and the manual doesn’t address this problem. Any suggestions?

WAV lossless isn’t a supported format. That’s why it won’t play. Neither is WMA Pro or Lossless. The only lossless codec it supports is FLAC. You can also use OGG Vorbis. Support for these 2 increasingly popular codecs were added n a firmware update, but there are still a couple glitches associated with them.

The most trouble-free format is of course .mp3. You can rip at a high bit-rate, but it’s still going to be a lossy conversion. Personally, I use 256 kbps, but there are many who rip at half that or less. Of course, these are the people going for quanity, not quality.