Help with Album Artwork on a Mac

I have a Mac as well and have found a couple of work arounds for album art and synching as well.  I also use iTunes for my music library and ID tag management.

1.  Download Seashore, an open source (i.e.: free) image editing program and use it to reduce the size of the image file to 170 x 170 (“Scale” function found under the “Image” drop down menu) and make sure you save the file as a JPEG.  Yes, I know that the Sansa can support larger album art but the 170x170 size saves space on your Sansa and is still clear enough to be seen in iTunes and more than sufficient for the Fuze - at least for me anyways.

2.   I use a little app called “Synch iTunes to Sansa Device” to transfer from iTunes to my Sansa.  Real easy to use and free, even referenced on the Apple app site.

3.  Since you need to use MSC mode to connect to your Mac, you end up with numerous ghost files when doing the drag and drop of files from the Mac to the Fuze.  These little non-functioning duplicates take up valuable space so I use “KopyMac 3b” to clean those annoying little cling ons out of memory.  You will recognize these ghost files as “duplicates” of existing tracks or the "._ " you will see at the front of the individual track name.

I’d love to use the vide4fuze app, but until someone posts a step by step I am not going to bother fooling with it.  I greatly appreciate the folks who work on these little applications on their own time but when I have to start searching and installing encoders and plugins it becomes more of a hassle.

Best of luck!

NormZ 

Message Edited by NormZ on 01-05-2010 09:15 PM