Help me

Hello,
I bought a Sansa Fuze and I have upgraded software.
Soon after the device was not recognized by computer.
When you connect to the USB port connection appears written immediately after “writing”, and then “connect” but the computer does not recognize.

I wanted to know if there is a recovery device and if you can use the Sansa Connect Recovery Tool.

What buttons to press to enter into recovery mode?

Try two things first.

1.  In the Fuse, under Settings:  Change the USB mode to MSC.

2.  Make sure the USB plug is in one of the ports at the back of the computer.  Sometimes the ones conveniently located at the front of the machine are, inconveniently, not as reliable as the ones at the rear.

Thank you but I do not think that this is the solution.

:neutral_face:

I did these tests.

Since there is software to reset, I wanted to know if there is a combination of buttons to access the restore feature of Sansa:wink:.

@frisa8860 wrote:
Hello,
I bought a Sansa Fuze and I have upgraded software.
Soon after the device was not recognized by computer.
When you connect to the USB port connection appears written immediately after “writing”, and then “connect” but the computer does not recognize.

I wanted to know if there is a recovery device and if you can use the Sansa Connect Recovery Tool.

What buttons to press to enter into recovery mode?

If your Fuze’s screen is saying “writing” and then “connected” then it’s saying it is connected. What is happening (or not happening) that leads you to believe your computer is not recognizing it? What are you trying to do that you can’t leading you to this conclusion?

There is NO Recovery Mode on the Fuze and I have never heard of any ‘Connect Recovery Tool’ you mention (maybe you’ve read about the e200tool?).

You can re-set all your personal settings by going into SETTINGS > SYSTEM SETTINGS > RESET FACTORY SETTINGS, but I don’t think this will do what you think it will. It will only reset user-customizable settings back to the factory defaults. It won’t roll back the firmware to the previous version and it won’t format the device. These are things that you have to do yourself if you determine that this will solve your problem(s).

Give us some more details about your situation and we’ll try to help. :smiley:

Thank you.

After updated frimware, the pomace is no longer recognized by nesssun computer.:dizzy_face:

The reader seems to work perfectly, what does not work is more communication with usb devices.:dizzy_face:

When I insert the USB cable seems the word connected, but nothing happens.

Sometimes updating the firmware will make the player revert back to ‘defualt’ settings. This means that your player’s USB mode might have been switched back either to MTP or Auto-Detect. It is easier to connect in MSC mode.

I would first follow blackdog’s suggestion to switch it to MSC mode. Or as a last resort, you can go back to the previous firmware. You’ll have to do it manually as the Sansa Updater will not ‘back-date’.

Here’s a link to the previous firmware along with instructions on manually installing it.

I have the same Problem.

I would like to copy pictures from my brothe, from my sansa to pc, but I see only folders…

I use Windows 2k and linux-ubuntu. Nobodys are show me the pictures. :frowning:

Message Edited by chaosraven on 11-23-2008 06:12 AM

Right then!  We have a few separate issues, let’s have a go at it.

First, the Sansa Connect Recovery Tool title is misleading, this is ONLY for the WiFi Sansa Connect model.  The term “connect” does indeed sound like what many are looking for: a restored connection.  This application is designed for the Connect, as the device can be updated wirelessly.

Copying pictures from the Sansa to the PC is possible, but remember that the wee photos lack the resolution possible on the PC side.  Viewed from the computer, the converted photos will be grainy, though they display nicely on the device’s screen.

A simple solution is to connect the Sansa in MSC mode for data access. You are using Win2000 and Ububtu, so I’ll assume that MSC mode is already the mode of choice.  To share a photo, it’s best to share the original, higher resolution version, rather than the adapted image.  You can always take that original photo and work with it on the desktop.  The file can be converted and resized later for display on the device.

Once the firmware is updated, the USB mode setting may be different from your preference.  Go to Settings > System Settings > USB Mode and select MTP, MSC, or Auto Detect as preferred.  The Auto Detect function is unique; it looks at the host computer’s OS and connects in the available mode.  This can be quite handy if using the Sansa for music, and data transfer occasionally, as a flash drive, but problems can arise if one forgets that files transferred in one USB mode will be unavailable while connected in the alternate mode.  One can simply choose the communications mode manually as MSC or MTP.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Hey I did tried this and it didnt work. Can you help me out?

@jcaputo42 wrote:
Hey I did tried this and it didnt work. Can you help me out?

Tried what? There are 8 posts above yours. You’re going to have to be a bit more specific.

Preferably in a new thread where the Subject line indicates what the post is about and the message gives enough details about your problem and what exactly you’ve tried so that someone can even attempt to help you.