Help! I Deleted USB Mass Storage Device. How do I get that back?

In Windows Explorer, using MTP mode, there may be a delay as Windows searches the device.

Give Windows a few moments to complete the search.  With 10GB loaded on the Fuze or e200v2, as a quick test, the delay is similar.  Check the display of your Sansa.  You will see that the device is communicating with Writing / Reading displayed.

For fun, I have tried opening the Music and Album folders.  This can take considerably longer as the thumbnail images are loaded.

If your Sansa is not being recognized properly, manually select your desired mode, on the device, by going to Settings > System Settings > USB Mode > [MSC or MTP].  Auto Detect can be selected after troubleshooting is completed.

Check your device using the Device Manager.  Select the Sansa, and uninstall the device.

Unplug, then plug back in after the database refresh (if this appears on the device).  Windows should find the Sansa and reinstall the driver.

If you are using MTP mode, update to Windows Media Player 11 for the latest MTP drivers.

µsansa