Help- Computer can't see Fuze.

@seespotto wrote:

All,

I just received my Fuze, refurbished from Newegg.com, 42 dollars. Problem is my computer does not recognize it. I spent 4 hours last night doing searches and trying solutions to this problem. Let’s see, I downloaded drivers from Sandisk, downloaded the updater, downloaded windows media player 11, downloaded the MTP updater from Microsoft, switched back and forth between MTP, MSC, and Autodetect in every conceivable combination (I think?), made sure I was plugged in to the USB on the back of my computer not the front, looked in my hardware device manager to try the "unistall trick (but the Fuze is not listed there), downloaded the firmware update but can’t install because the Fuze is not seen or listed anywhere on my computer to let me add the update file. I also tried hooking the Fuze up to my computer at work, and it was not seen. (Granted, I did not spend 4 more hours at work trying the above fixes.)

My version is V01.01.11A.

Any ideas? It looks like a cool little player. I had a sansa 250e and had none of these problems, I added playlists to it with Winamp. Winamp also does not see this Fuze.

Any help would be appreciated!

My fuse sometimes don’t connect. I suspect it it my computer because it will connect every time to another computer.

To get it to connect try opening the Device Manager, then clicking on Computer, then click on the icon “scan for hardware changes”.

Amber