Reply
Highlighted
Newbie
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎10-31-2009

Hello. I dropped my Fuze it still works but the screen is black

What can I do to fix it?? Help please.
Highlighted
Newbie
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎10-31-2009

Re: Hello. I dropped my Fuze it still works but the screen is black

ok putting this simlply a screen is made of tons of little squares known as sell when you droped you broke every single cell. the only way of fixing it is buying a new screen with may be hard to obtain...but i sugest sending it to sansa for refirbishing. (this could cost $60)
-garrett
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,324
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Hello. I dropped my Fuze it still works but the screen is black

[ Edited ]

@garrettfuse wrote:
ok putting this simlply a screen is made of tons of little squares known as sell when you droped you broke every single cell. the only way of fixing it is buying a new screen with may be hard to obtain...but i sugest sending it to sansa for refirbishing. (this could cost $60)

 

Not to rain on your parade, but SanDisk does not provide any repair or re-furbishing services, at any cost.

 

Slcjsansa, if your screen is toast, and you're up to the challenge, the Fuze's LCD screen's connecting ribbon cable IS plugged in rather than soldered as in other models, but you'll have to get it apart first and of course get a replacement screen.

 

These are not sold anywhere, so your only alternative is to pick up a DOA unit from someone on eBay. Of course, with a DOA unit, it's hard to know why it's DOA. I'd hate to see you buy one that also has a defective or broken LCD.

 

But, it may just be a case of the ribbon cable in yours being jostled loose from the fall. There are some disassembly instructions and pictures of the Fuze over at the ABI forums. You may want to take a look.

 

Otherwise, it seems as though you'll be buying a new player.

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 10-31-2009 01:47 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic
Posts: 363
Registered: ‎08-02-2008

Re: Hello. I dropped my Fuze it still works but the screen is black


@slcjsansa wrote:
What can I do to fix it?? Help please.

 

If it's on warranty and there is no evident physical damage to the case, contact support and tell them it stopped working. They don't need to know that it was dropped (wink).
8GB Blue FUZE w/The Original DIY Lineout Cable and AT Button H-Phones Fitted To AT WM5 Headband:All Custom Built
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,324
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Hello. I dropped my Fuze it still works but the screen is black


@14124all wrote:

 

If it's on warranty and there is no evident physical damage to the case, contact support and tell them it stopped working. They don't need to know that it was dropped (wink).

 


Well yes, there's always that option . . .

 

Shades of Monty Python

 

Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk User
Posts: 67
Registered: ‎09-18-2009

Replacing the LCD on the Fuze

[ Edited ]

 

@Tapeworm wrote:

@garrettfuse wrote:
ok putting this simlply a screen is made of tons of little squares known as sell when you droped you broke every single cell. the only way of fixing it is buying a new screen with may be hard to obtain...but i sugest sending it to sansa for refirbishing. (this could cost $60)

 

Not to rain on your parade, but SanDisk does not provide any repair or re-furbishing services, at any cost.

 

Slcjsansa, if your screen is toast, and you're up to the challenge, the Fuze's LCD screen's connecting ribbon cable IS plugged in rather than soldered as in other models, but you'll have to get it apart first and of course get a replacement screen.

 

These are not sold anywhere, so your only alternative is to pick up a DOA unit from someone on eBay. Of course, with a DOA unit, it's hard to know why it's DOA. I'd hate to see you buy one that also has a defective or broken LCD.

 

But, it may just be a case of the ribbon cable in yours being jostled loose from the fall. There are some disassembly instructions and pictures of the Fuze over at the ABI forums. You may want to take a look.

 

Otherwise, it seems as though you'll be buying a new player.

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 10-31-2009 01:47 PM

 

1) You can surely find (for under $20, probably) a damaged Fuze on eBay where the description makes it clear that the screen is working. If it's ambiguous, you can ask the seller. [I just won on eBay, for a bit over $10, a non-working Fuze that, from it's description, has a good LCD.]
 
2) Be aware that putting the front panel of a Fuze back on after removing it is very difficult. It requires good eyesight, steady hands and patience. It might be easier to detach and re-attach an LCD without removing [i.e., fully detaching] the front panel, but I don't know.
 
[Bracketed text in red is what I've added to my original post.]
Message Edited by aarons510 on 11-02-2009 04:01 AM
Message Edited by aarons510 on 11-02-2009 04:01 AM