Hear random beeping noise when listening to music

Whenever i listen to music on my Sansa Fuze i hear this beeping noise at random. I thought it was the headphones i had, so i tried different headphones. It still happens and i plugged it into my stereo and it still happens. Does any one know what is wrong? do i have a faulty device? i didnt buy the warrenty to am i screwed? please help

Did you look outside to see if there is a garbage truck backing up into your house? :smileyvery-happy:

um no. nice attempt to be funny, though. really it was a good try

@lavigne93 wrote:
um no. nice attempt to be funny , though. really it was a good try

No attempt… Tape succeeded.  I laughed long and hard…:smileyvery-happy:

k so obviously u :robotsurprised: won’t help me. thats **bleep**ing great

A word of warning.  Keep it civil.  Profanities and personal attacks don’t belong here.

µsansa

Message Edited by microsansa on 08-05-2009 11:50 PM

Chill, dude . . . and tell us some more details. We’re not mind-readers, you know. Fact is, I don’t recall hearing this particular ailment (at least not recently). So tell us about your music; where it’s from, format, bit-rate, etc. Does it happen in the same spots in the same songs, or does it happen with some songs, but not others? Things like this.

We need a little more to go on. And we like to have fun whenever we can, so don’t take offense. Also realize this is not a live chat room. Sometimes you have to wait (possibly days) for a reply, and maybe longer for a solution. :wink:

sorry for flipping out im just a little pissed cuz it seems like most every item i buy becomes faulty (xbox 360, guitar hero world tour, my cell phone, ect) might i add i do not trash my products i take good care for them. my parents bought me the fuze on monday as a birthday present. I took it out of the box and and started listening to it. it was okay until i got home. I plugged it into my stereo and ‘Careless Whisper’ by seether came on and i noticed the beeping noise. I thought nothing of it, so i kept listening until the next song came on. its this little beep that happens for a brief second but you hear many other beeps as the song progresses. At first i thought it was only to rock songs because i would listen to a rap songs and it wouldnt happen but then i listened to Day N’ Night by Kid Cudi this morning and then the beeping started again. I get my music from rhapsody but i download it with a firefox application called DownloadHelper. it lets u download ne content off of a page that can b downloaded. it only happens to select songs and at random times, the beeping noise is not in the same spot every time. its really annoying. i really cant compare this beeping to nething because its like nothing ive ever heard but it is high pitched. if there is nething else i can add just ask.

You don’t have to buy any extra warranty. The Fuze comes with a one-year warranty from SanDisk. So if there’s no immediate solution to the problem, just call 1-866-SANDISK (in the US) and find out about getting a replacement. 

It’s very odd that the beeps don’t happen in the same place. Is there any pattern to them at all? 

Go into Settings and make sure the EQ is normal. In older Sansa gadgets, custom EQ sometimes did strange things, though I haven’t heard about this one. 

One thing to try: get some music that hasn’t been through so many programs. Go to this blog, for instance, and download a free mp3 and play it back. Do you still get the beeping? 

@lavigne93 wrote:
sorry for flipping out im just a little pissed cuz it seems like most every item i buy becomes faulty (xbox 360, guitar hero world tour, my cell phone, ect) might i add i do not trash my products i take good care for them. my parents bought me the fuze on monday as a birthday present. I took it out of the box and and started listening to it. it was okay until i got home. I plugged it into my stereo and ‘Careless Whisper’ by seether came on and i noticed the beeping noise. I thought nothing of it, so i kept listening until the next song came on. its this little beep that happens for a brief second but you hear many other beeps as the song progresses. At first i thought it was only to rock songs because i would listen to a rap songs and it wouldnt happen but then i listened to Day N’ Night by Kid Cudi this morning and then the beeping started again. I get my music from rhapsody but i download it with a firefox application called DownloadHelper. it lets u download ne content off of a page that can b downloaded. it only happens to select songs and at random times, the beeping noise is not in the same spot every time. its really annoying. i really cant compare this beeping to nething because its like nothing ive ever heard but it is high pitched. if there is nething else i can add just ask.

I’m confused by this. If you get your music from Rhapsody, why do you need DownloadHelper? Rhapsody should handle all of that for you. Try using the Rhapsody app to transfer the same songs to your Fuze and see what happens.

i found out wat it sounds like. it sounds like a stopwatch beep or watch beep. im going to assume that this is an internal problem so im just going to call the number that some1 gave me

so i called sandisk and the guy said it could be the music itself. i dont think it is

I’m assuming you aren’t paying for this music (from the download helper comment) so it would be feasible for the beeping in the tracks to simply be rhapsody’s way of making life a little less simple for you.  Try plugging your headphones into your computer and listening to the same tracks.  I would bet that the beeping is still there, showing that it’s not the player.

This is just a wild guess, but check if the fuze or the cable connecting to the stereo isn’t too near to some electronics device that might send some wireless signal that could interfere.
When exercising, if the phones cable gets to close to the heart rate monitor belt, i hear a loud beeping noise, which is the belt emiting a signal to the wrist watch.

@lavigne93 wrote:
I get my music from rhapsody but i download it with a firefox application called DownloadHelper. it lets u download ne content off of a page that can b downloaded. it only happens to select songs and at random times, the beeping noise is not in the same spot every time. its really annoying.

This sounds like you’re using this ‘DownloadHelper’ program to ‘grab’ music from the Rhapsody site without paying for it. Is that right? Unless you’re a Rhapsody member, you can’t just download music from them. They’re is business to make money and most likely the beeping sound you’re hearing is a safeguard they’ve put in to prevent people from stealing their music from them.

If you are a legit Rhapsody member, then there’s no need for a 3rd-party ‘grabbing’ or downloading program. Rhapsody has its own software for transferring content to your ‘authorized’ player.

Rhapsody is a ‘pay-to-play’ service. You pay for the privilege of downloading music & listening to it, and you have to continue to pay the subscription fee each month in order to continue that privilege. If you want to ‘own’ any of the tracks you’ve downloaded (legitimately), then you have to pay yet another fee to purchase and own it outright.

i found out wat was wrong. i put tapeworms post about the garbage can as the solution for giggles. but yes ,it was rhapsodys way of annoying me bcuz i am ‘stealing’ their music. it must only b bcuz sansa and rhapsody r partners cuz my friend has an ipod and downloads the same way as me and he doesnt get that beep.

@lavigne93 wrote:
i found out wat was wrong. i put tapeworms post about the garbage can as the solution for giggles. but yes ,it was rhapsodys way of annoying me bcuz i am ‘stealing’ their music. it must only b bcuz sansa and rhapsody r partners cuz my friend has an ipod and downloads the same way as me and he doesnt get that beep.

Thank you for sharing.  Your IP has been noted and the authorities notified.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@lavigne93 wrote:

Thank you for sharing.  Your IP has been noted and the authorities notified.

Yep. Sounds like a confession 2 me.

This is your last warning. Take some time to read the forum rules and guidelines and you will see profanity or personal attacks will not be tolerated. If you post something of this nature again you will earn yourself a permanent vacation from these forums.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 08-07-2009 10:00 AM

wow, i can tell you were the kid in school who was the teachers pet and tattled on other kids.

And I can tell you were the one who got his mouth washed out with soap!