Headphones Replacement?

So my headphones are fried somehow, and they play garbled music. If you read about my issue with the e250, this is the same thing. Turns out that the e250 wasn’t defective, the headphones were. Now the same things happen to these. Is SanDisk going to replace them? This is a brand new Fuze bought in October 2008.

The earplugs fall under the warranty as they’re part of the Fuze retail package, so I think they will replace them. However… do yourself a favor and buy some other earplugs or headphones. The included earplugs (with all kinds of audio players, not only the Fuze) are basically always useless, because they are just an included gimmick - no company wants to raise the price of the retail package by 10-20$ by including some decent earplugs.

Even some el-cheapo 10$ earplugs should be much better. You might also consider getting some truly good headphones, as the only limit on the Fuzes sound quality seems to be the connected headphones - its audio output is truly superb. There are a few threads discussing headphones on these forums, take a look around. Oh, and if you buy some really good headphones, they will likely last longer than your Fuze so you can use them with your next music player. Good headphones are really a seperate investment from the players you buy. I only use the included earplugs of new players once, to check just how terrible they are, before I connect my regular headphones (Koss PortaPro at the moment).

$20. word is fantastic set of earbuds, ie the bass.google for review(s).

@dennizvu1107 wrote:
So my headphones are fried somehow, and they play garbled music. If you read about my issue with the e250, this is the same thing. Turns out that the e250 wasn’t defective, the headphones were. Now the same things happen to these. Is SanDisk going to replace them? This is a brand new Fuze bought in October 2008.

The stock buds aren’t quite as bad as they’re made out to be, but I’d replace them too. Before you buy though, think about what you like…earbuds, like the stock ones, are quite popular…for me though, they don’t stay in place. The IEM(inner ear monitor) isolate better but bother many peoples’ ears. I have clip-on Koss KSC-75’s, which sound fantastic, but after a few hours, walking around, they can bother the outer ear where they clip on. The neckband and over the head models can be the most comfortable for long use, and if you get the right ones, can also sound  great. It’s worth researching your options though…you’ll appreciate the sound of the Fuze more with the right 'phones, as one of the previous posters correctly mentioned :smiley:

The stock buds are junk, plain and simple.  There’s no reason to raise the price for something that everyone is going to replace immediately anyway, yet they have to include SOMETHING so you can listen right out of the box (same reason the batteries have a partial charge and they come with a few songs).  You can try getting new stock ones if you want, but to me they’re not even worth the cost of postage, much less the hassle.  Do yourself a favor and pick a style of headphones you like best that sound good and don’t cost too much, you’ll be amazed at the difference.  I personally recommend the Philips SHS8000.  Read the other thread with the same title for my review…

@darhak wrote:

Even some el-cheapo 10$ earplugs should be much better.

How true! When I first got Fuze, I thought I wasted $70. Just in case, I plugged my $8 Walmart earphone. Then I knew Fuze was a good buy.

My original headphones got hoovered up by the Mrs (cheers!) as they had fallen off the table, so I had to buy a new pair… all I can say is DO NOT buy a pair of Sennheiser MX90 as they are both ■■■■ quality and annoying, i bought them and they were worse than the ones that came with the Fuze, in the end I got the Mrs to buy me some she bought Sony ones and they are far better quality in every way. 

MPEG-2 TS, is also a popular format specially for some camcorder which can’t be supported by common players. The MPEG-2 TS Converter is an excellent TS Converter to convert MPEG-2 TS format files. The TS Converter can convert .ts files to mpeg2, convert .ts to avi, wmv, wma, mpg, convert .ts to mp3, mp4 and other common formats respectivly for iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP and other digital players with perfect quality and fast conversion speed.Video_TS Converter is a TS File Converter which can convert the files in Video_TS folder and extract audio from .ts files. The TS Video File Converter supports converting .m2ts, .mts, .mkv, .flv, .mp4 and other supported files.