Has anyone been able to convert The Dark Knight digital copy?

I have a digital copy of The Dark Knight included from the Blu Ray package. The file is a .wmv file, but when I run the converter it says that this file type is not supported. Has anyone else experienced this problem and have you been able to convert the file?

I have said in other threads Im Working on it, The Copy I Got has a pretty intense DRM and I am having to work around that. Ill let you know

wow ur in luck man, cuz i have the dark knight on my fuze

u can try to use an avs video converter to convert it to avi or m4v format. that what i used

but i got mine for limewire, and it wasnt bootleged it was dvdrip. then i just put the file into the avs video converter and converted ti to m4v format and put it in th SMC and it worked took a while for it to load cuz its a long movie, but it worked. 

and i dont think B- ray movies would work, but u can try it

@jubjub wrote:

but i got mine for limewire, and it wasnt bootleged it was dvdrip.

wow, just wat wood u call it then, if not bootlegged?

illegal and/or stolen r 2 words that **bleep** 2 mind!

@jubjub wrote:

illegal and/or stolen r 2 words that come 2 mind!

@tapeworm wrote:

@jubjub wrote:

I wasnt gonna say anything but yeah, Limewire= Bootleg despite what the process was that got it there. Its easy to do what you did with an stolen copy, buying one and then getting it to the fuze is slightly harder.

@tapeworm wrote:

@jubjub wrote:

Even asides from that^^^…I own the DVD…loved the movie…and can’t imagine why anyone would watch it on a 1.9" screen :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree I am only working on it because so many have asked about it. It may wind up on my connect but I doubt it.

Tapeworm wrote: 

I don’t do limewire, but I don’t know that I’d feel guilty if I bought a blueray disk then put a copy ripped/converted from someone else’s standard disk onto the portable.  

@donp wrote:

I don’t do limewire, but I don’t know that I’d feel guilty if I bought a blueray disk then put a copy ripped/converted from someone else’s standard disk onto the portable.  

The point is though, someone (maybe with a perfectly legal & purchased copy) illegally uploaded it to limewire, with the full knowledge of and absolute intent that others who did not pay for it, would also illegally download it, thereby not only breaking the law themselves, but also encouraging others to do the same.

Limewire claims to be perfectly legitimate, above-board and completely legal in what service they offer, and they also condemn illegal acts perpetrated by users of the site. But how can they realistically turn a blind eye to blatant copyright infringement such as this, not do anything and still proclaim their innocence?

Sorry, but I can’t buy this as an excuse!

They subscribe to the C.Y.A. Principal, by making you click the box that says I will not use Limewire for Copyright Infringement… They Cover their Ass. It ■■■■■. but it works.

ehhhhhhh… idc

infact they’re doing something new if they find u using limewire or any other thing like it, first their gunna send u an e’mail to tell u to stop, and if u dont stop they will either shut down ur enternet connection or slow it down. i saw that on a yahoo article.

OR They do what they have done to some of my friends and I and Sue you silly! They dont win but they still do it.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-02-2009 12:26 AM

wow u got caught?

how do they catch u?

I work in the industry, I get checked on occasion at work,and got busted and some people I know were in the napster cases.You can do what you want as I have said on here Im not saying I dont download In fact I do. But I only download files i have purchaced on Disk (Im a little weird, I dont open new CDs). Just be careful when you deal with a big company like EMI or a major studio.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-02-2009 02:37 AM

WOWWW.

after hearing that that just made me change my mind about limewire

the music that u get from a zune pass, can u put it on your fuze?

@conversionbox wrote:
They subscribe to the C.Y.A. Principal, by making you click the box that says I will not use Limewire for Copyright Infringement… They Cover their Ass. It ■■■■■. but it works.

How can a cutlery company legitimately stay in business, knowing full well that some kitchen knives will be used to stab people?

Or bringing it back to illegal sharing, Microsoft supports P2P sharing right in the Windows operating system.   

RIAA implies that ALL file sharing violates music copyrights (1st lie, that all shared files are music).  They don’t seem to accept that 1) not all music is under copyright, or that 2) copyright holders may ALLOW sharing.  

I’ve gotten maybe a hundred GB of legitimately shared music over bit torrent, as well as all my Linux releases over the last few years.  The Linux distros are initially seeded right on the company’s web site, so there’s NO issue of permission violation. 

The RIAA is the music recording industry - not video (I haven’t heard of the MPAA suing anyone). The RIAA sues over specific songs (theirs), not general file sharing.

But aside from that, it really doesn’t matter if you own the video/music. If you’re “downloading” with Limewire, you immediately start making that available for uploading. That is what you get sued for, not the downloading. If they do stick to their newly advertised strategy, they’ll just ask your ISP to warn you then cut you off, but they can take you to court if they prefer. Of course, there are so many people doing illegal file sharing that (I’ve heard) the odds of getting caught are smaller than the odds of getting struck by lightning.

jubjub: Music from Zune Pass works only with the Zune.