HOW DO I SAVE RECORDED RADIO SONGS TO MY COMPUTER...???

I RECORDED A SONG ON THE FM RADIO…IT WAS SAVED IN MY SANSA 8GB. NOW HOW DO I SAVE IT TO MY COMPUTER…IS THIS POSSIBLE…???

It’s quite easy. Option 1: just go into “My Computer”, enter into your internal memory, go to where the recordings are stored (Internal Memory\Record\FM), & drag n drop where ever you want. Simple.

Option 2: you can use Windows Media Player. Here’s a step-by-step on how to do it. This method can be useful if you want your recordings to be in you WMP library. (please note that I am using version 11. If you are using another version, these instructions may not be 100% accurate. If that is the case, just follow these as best you can, the procedure should be similar).

1. Open WMP (of course)

2. Click on the Sync tab.

3. On the bottom-right you should see your Fuze. Click on the internal memory.

4. Next, select the “songs” option under “Primary Views”. You should see all of our songs sorted by Artist

5. Now, scroll down to the bottom, and under “Unknown Artists” you should see your FM recordings (they will have unusual filenames all of which will start with “FM” and will show the name of the station from which the music was recorded (For Example “FM101_1” in the case of 101.1 FM).

6. Drag n drop your recordings into the Sync list on the right.

7. Click on the “Copy form Device” button. WMP will now start to copy your recordings onto your computer.

8. Once WMP has finished, you will be able to go into you WMP Music Library and find your recordings.

9. This last step is optional. Under “Primary Views”, find your recordings, just like you did in steps 4/5. Right-click on your recordings, select “edit” and you will be able to insert  a name for your recordings, making it easier for you to know what you are listening to in the future.

PS: sorry about the long post, but I like making sure that people know everything they might need. Also, I’m sorry if this info was unnecessary for you for any reason (such as you not using WMP), but once I start yapping, I don’t stop:smileyvery-happy:.

Your FM radio recordings are stored in the Record folder, in a subfolder called FM.  These are wav (PCM) files just like CD audio tracks.  These files are named FM104_1-062808-122609 for example, with the frequency, then a date and time stamp. 

These files are accessible in either MSC or MTP modes.

In a nutshell, connect your Sansa, and navigate to Record > FM > here are your files organized by date stamp.  You can drag and drop or copy and paste them to your PC.

The files can be converted to MP3 or any compressed format desired, once you have them on the computer.  They are a high bit rate PCM file, stereo.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Haven’t found that CAPS Lock button yet, I see.

Please!