HELP!! I've got two problems

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to read this message

first problem: songs won’t play properly, like a song that has a guitar in the intro won’t play the guitar or the instuments that are supposed to be loud are hushed down

second problem: now that I’ve synched most of my songs onto my fuze certain songs will not play in iTunes(I prefer to play songs with this program as it’s eaiser to work with). anyone know a solution to this without having to re-download all of these songs?

once again thank you for taking the time to read this.

i don’t know what’s going on with the first problem but on the second one, you might be using a file type that is not compatible with itunes e.g. WMA files.

Please tell us more details about the songs…

no it’s not that, all the songs that I have were on iTunes before they went to windows media playerand now they won’t play on itunes anymore

Make sure the headphone plug is inserted all the way into the headphone jack.

THANK YOU!! that problem is now solved, I didn’t think the solution would be that simple

Are the Itunes songs from the Itunes store?

No the songs are not from itunes store

Windows Media Player may have converted the songs to .wma files. Since Apple and Microsoft hate each other, iTunes doesn’t play .wma (and Windows Media Player doesn’t play iTunes files, m4a or m4p, but that’s not relevant here). To check, go into My Computer/Tools/Folder Options/View and un-check “Hide extensions for known file types” so you can see what extension they are. 

WMP and iTunes both play mp3, and so does the Fuze, so make WMP play nice. 

You need to go into Windows Media Player and tell it to make mp3 files, not .wma. Look for a Tools tab. If you don’t see it, right-click on the very top line of WMP, where it says Windows Media Player on the left, and a menu including Tools should appear. 

Then under Tools/Options/Rip Music change the format from .wma to .mp3, and raise the quality level while you’re at it, to at least 192 kbps.

If WMP has converted them to .wma, and you don’t have the original files any more, you’re either going to have to download them again or convert the .wma files to mp3. Unfortunately, that will lose some sound quality. Media Coder will do it for free. 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 08-24-2009 07:59 PM