Highlighted
SanDisk User

Guess what?

[ Edited ]

Guess what I have in my hands right now?

No, it is not the keyboard.

No, it is not THAT!

Yes, it is a Fuze.

But, guess what? I was to download firmware 31, and I read how to determin if Fuze is revision 1 or 2.

GUess what? Mine says V2.02.26P...

I suppose this means my Fuze is not V1 but V2? Smiley Sad

I was cheated, seller swared me it was V1! I told me "look, I was told that V1 is better, more resistent body, more stable firmware, and I can install Rockbox and I want Rockbox".

He told me it was V1...

WHat should I do now? Return my new Fuze tomorrow? See if he has got a V1 and if not renounce to Fuze?

Please, could you tell me mre of the real differences between v2 and v1?

Why v1 is better?

What do I lose with V2?

ANd WHY CANNOT A **bleep**ING SELLER BE HONEST; ONCE IN THEIR LIFE; WHY ALL THE SELLER I HAVE EVER MET ARE ENORMOUS BASTARDS?

I am angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanted V1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by San_Discolo on 01-27-2010 07:13 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Guess what?

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:33 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Well, your seller is a useless human being, and you could take it back,  but...

You wanted a good music player--you've got one.

The exterior of the v2 Fuze is physically the same as the v1. It's not more fragile at all.

And for use as a music player, you really don't need anything from Rockbox--it is all extras.  You even have .ogg and .flac playback in the firmware already. As I said, I've taken Rockbox off my v1 because I don't need anything it does.

For what it's worth, you might want to leave the x.x.26 firmware there.  It was ONLY the .28 that was the problem firmware--it had a bad bug with Replay Gain--but .28 is gone now. But if you are in Europe, and install Europe as your region when you upgrade, then the .31 lowers the volume to conform to European law (unless you choose Rest of the World as your Region). Meanwhile   the .26 works fine. 

You can look at the bug fixes in the firmware upgrade page and see if any of the improvements to .31 are important to you.

Put the Fuze in MSC mode, drag over some music, and enjoy the sound.  

And give Rockbox time....sooner or later they will get the v2 Fuze version working. 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 01-27-2010 08:00 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Well, other than Rockbox for the time being, there isn't anything really wrong with a v2.  Your Lil' Monsta will serve you well.  I would load her up with music next.  Get a feel for the interface, and the controls.

I haven't managed to "break" the new .31 firmware, and it's quite stable.  With the latest, ReplayGain (if you elect to use it) works well.  The biggest advantage for my personal use is the video functions.  With the earlier firmware, if you shut down the device while a video was playing, it would hang.

Video resume is also missing with the .26 build.  It is restored with .28 and .31.

You can play OGG, FLAC, WMA, MP3, AA, and AAX files with the Fuze, very nice indeed.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by San_Discolo on 01-29-2010 07:02 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:34 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Ok, ok, I have been too dramatic....

Let´s give it a shake...

Somebody told something about Europe and firmware and volume. Yes, I have read about that. I use IEM, so it should not be an issue, but anyway, when I first turned it on I have choosen "rest of the world" (which sounded challenging). 

Good like that?

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

@TomJensen wrote:
Mine is bigger than yours...

We in Italy say "good wine is in little barrel"...

Message Edited by San_Discolo on 01-27-2010 09:10 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Hey guys! Possibly I can change V2 for V1! The power of forums is needed once more!

Ok, new! I called the seller and I told "Hey! I  had asked for a V1, telling that I need Rockbox. You told me it was a V1, but it is a V2. You shopuld change my V2 for a V1 or refund me".

Obviously, I will not give it back if no V1 is available, but he told me they would have checked their stock.

So, coming back to the issue, a quick resume of the real and presumed and supposed and imaginary difference between V1 and V2 would be great.

Till now, it seems that they are the same.

But, if they are the same, why should SanDisk bother to spend money for investigation and research to make a new version of Fuze which is identical to the other one?

1) To make it cheaper for them? Mmm, and without loosing anything of the original quality? Mmm...

2) Or it was to make it better?

Until now I know:

V1 pros:supports Rockbox (better EQ, games, and no idea what more - Saratoga! Help!)

V2 pros:someone (sorry, forgot name) wrote that it has got better basses. Mine is quite bassy indeed, very good.

Now, anyone could find a real reason to prefer V1 over V2?

I can choose, I have one more opportunity to make it right. Need some more elements...

Someone told that one of the two had more battery life. I guess the V2, as it was the same guy of better basses.

Considering that I am not totally happy with the "Normal" EQ prest on my Fuze, and the Jazz one is a bit too cold, and I spend all the time passing from one to the other because I can't get a good personalized preset, well, may I maybe get what I need from V1 (or from ROckbox)?

I am all ears... Or al leyes, you decide...

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Hey guys! Possibly I can change V2 for V1! The power of forums is needed once more!

For some reason, the custom equalizer, 5, 0, 1, 5, 10, and maybe tweaking it here and there makes nearly all earphones sound much better on the Fuze.  I found that somewhere on the abi website.  The stock earphones don't sound that bad either with that combination, except it's 8, 0, 1, 5, 12.

The Saxmaster

"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity."-Douglas Adams