Great...Fuze is not booting...anyone else?

I’m only going by what my GF told me tonight…worked for her last night while doing cardio…tonight she went to turn it on…the sansa logo comes up but doesn’t get past that and the wheel stays lit blue.

I’m hoping it doesn’t having anything to do with the 8GB Kingston card in there…but I told her to pop it out and try turning it on…still nothing. But now she says it wont turn off…the blue wheel just stays lit.

Anyone else?

Message Edited by vice86 on 01-11-2009 05:59 PM

Try resetting it. Slide the power switch to the up position and hold it there about 20 seconds. It should eventually turn off and reset itself. Now it should start up normally.

Fix this for your GF and take all the credit. You will be such a STUD! :stuck_out_tongue:

lol…thanks for the suggestion…unless I tell her to try it, I wont have it in my hands until Friday night to try this…so I may tell her to just try it herself and hopefully it works! I already told her about this forum…so there goes looking like a stud…haha.

WOOT…i text messaged her to try that…she called me a minute later saying IT WORKED!!..lol…she’s all happy now that she can go to sleep listening to her Fuze…she said its the bestest Xmas present evAr…haha…she’s a music nut like me and used to listen to CD’s on her huge ass portable CD player…she said pulling that out tonight when the Fuze didn’t load was like pulling out a dinosaur.

Any idea why that would happen though? Gonna be annoying if that happens all the time for her now.

Usually these are isolated insidents. If it does hang again, check out what it was doing before it freezes, Reset it and see if it hangs in the same place again. I had it do this for me 3/4 of the way thru a music Video. I took the vid off and It works great, (turns out there were bad frames in the video)

I’m having the same problem, tried resetting it and still just stays at the logo. It turns off normally after 5 seconds, also my computer won’t recognize it. (I got it yesterday and the package was opened, looked lightly used- if that helps any.)

yeah…gonna have her keep an eye on it now…if it keeps happening…i’ll exchange for a new one. If happens again with that one, I’m gonna get her a different player.

@amonk wrote:
I’m having the same problem, tried resetting it and still just stays at the logo. It turns off normally after 5 seconds, also my computer won’t recognize it. (I got it yesterday and the package was opened, looked lightly used- if that helps any.)

If it looks used, and you bought it as new, take it back and get a ‘sealed’ unit. D’uh!

@vice86 wrote:
yeah…gonna have her keep an eye on it now…if it keeps happening…i’ll exchange for a new one. If happens again with that one, I’m gonna get her a different player.

If it keeps happening, it’s usually NOT the player’s fault. It’s something you (or she) put on there that the player is having a hard time reading. Getting a new player will not help. It’s most likely a bad ID3 tag or a corrupted file; both of which are going to cause problems with just about any brand of player and both are correctable. The time-consuming part is isolating the culprit.

Tell her if it happens again, make a note of what it was playing at the time it happened, or what the last thing was that was playing before she turned it off. This will give you a pretty good place to start looking. :smiley:

Yeah I will, was just hoping that I could fix it because it was the last one and they are likely going to be out of stock for a while. That and they will just re-wrap it and sell it again for someone else to deal with. Thanks for the help though.

ugh…there’s like 1200 tracks on there (all albums)…lol. I put them all on for her…she doesn’t know what to do…lol… I went thru all the albums using Media Monkey too. The thing was she wasn’t using it for anything when it happened…she just went to turn it on before bed and it happened…but I’ll tell her to take notice what its doing if it happens again.